The Volunteer Coordinator will be instrumjental in the coordination of daily in-house and external volunteer activities required in the collection, sorting and distribution of weekly food parcels.
Main Duties of the Role
- Coordination of the driver rotas. We currently have 60 active drivers who deliver parcels across South Bucks. On a daily basis, driver rotas need to be coordinated, taking into consideration location, size of parcels, volunteer availability and size of vehicles.
- Coordination of supermarket food drives to encourage customer donations. In recent months, food drives have provided 20% of our donated food and the presence of volunteers has significantly increased donations. The Volunteer Coordinator will be instrumental in ensuring enough volunteers are recruited and rota’ed so the food drives run smoothly and efficiently.
- Coordination of volunteers to collect supermarket surplus and other donations.
- Coordination of rotas for the volunteers at One Can Trust. Such volunteers pack parcels and sort through donations in the warehouse.
- To be the main point of contact for all volunteer queries and to answer or field those queries as appropriate.
- To maintain and develop motivated and positive volunteer teams.
Within reason, any other duties, as required.
Skills and Values
- The candidate must be personable and able to fit into a small and very busy office team. The candidate must also have:
- Strong organisational skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- An assertive, persuasive and polite nature
- Impeccable attention to detail in order to support the important work that One Can Trust delivers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sound knowledge of all Microsoft programmes
Hours and Place of Work
- The role 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Ideal hours would be 09.00 - 16.30 (7 hours with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
- Occasional weekend hours may be required and will be agreed in advance with the Operations Manager.
- The role is based at our offices and warehouse In Duke Street, High Wycombe
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.