One Community is an independent charity providing voluntary sector support and community development in Eastleigh and Fareham as part of its role as a Council for Voluntary Services (CVS). We also provide care services, information and community transport in the Borough of Eastleigh and beyond.
We have over 40 years of experience and in 2018, while celebrating our fortieth year we were awarded the prestigious Queens Award for Voluntary Services. As we move into the next exciting chapter, we are looking to appoint a new member to our Voluntary Sector Support Team on an interim basis, initially. We are seeking someone who is a collaborative person with the energy and creativity to maintain what we have in place alongside further developing our role within the communities we serve. We are looking for someone with broad experience, knowledge, and leadership skills, with operational understanding of the voluntary sector, and above all excellent communication skills.
Main Tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide community development advice and support to the voluntary sectors across both Eastleigh and Fareham boroughs and refer to other One Community colleagues.
- Take the lead in all events across all One Community departments in both Fareham and Eastleigh, ensuring all equipment is available and the events have staff and volunteers, to provide full cover.
- Liaise with other colleagues regarding events management.
- Cover Eastleigh Museum and Fareham Shop if required.
- Ensure events have people who are knowledgeable about One Community and the external context and converse appropriately with the Public.
- Develop events and awareness raising opportunities.
- Provide volunteer recruitment advice to groups and help them to recruit volunteers, with other One Community colleagues.
- Manage the training calendar for the organisation, develop a needs led training diary, meet trainers, agree venues, provide budgets and carry out risk assessments.
- Organise and facilitate the Community Buildings Network meetings in both Eastleigh and Fareham, including minutes, agendas and speakers are in place.
- Organise and facilitate the Volunteer Managers Meetings.
- Gather and provide monitoring information and statistics as required.
- Attend ‘Catch up‘ meetings with Fareham Borough Council and other types of meetings with external organisations, as required.
- To develop the communications to volunteers so they can stay knowledgeable and feel part of the organisation.
- Provide support to the Voluntary Sector Support Team including occasionally working out of Fareham Shop or Eastleigh Museum.
- To be largely self-sufficient in terms of the post’s administrative work.
- To promote equality and diversity in all aspects of the work.
- To comply with all of One Community’s policies and conditions of service as laid out in the Staff Handbook.
- To comply with and work to all One Community Procedures.
- To undertake such additional responsibilities as required which are commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of the post.
- All employees and volunteers are expected to work as a team by actively sharing and exchanging information across the organisation, attending staff meetings when asked and working together with other staff when roles and interest overlap.
- Deal with members of the public, users of the services and other professionals in an appropriate and sensitive manner and to communicate effectively with them verbally and in writing.
- In all aspects of handling personal information all employees are required to work to maintain confidentiality and data protection.
- To participate in One Community meetings and appraisal sessions as appropriate.
Hours: 30 hours per week. Due to the nature of the post, some flexibility will be essential, as discussed and agreed with your line manager.
Location: The post holder will usually be based and work from One Community’s offices in Eastleigh, but will also need to work from other venues such as the Fareham Shop and Eastleigh Museum, as discussed and agreed with your line manager. Some home working may be possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.