One-Eighty is a children’s psychology charity in Oxfordshire. We provide intensive interventions for young people aged 4-18 to reengage them with education. We are passionate about breaking down the barriers young people face in accessing education and our vision is that every child can have a positive and flourishing relationship with education. The intensity of our support can be challenging but the team environment is fun, flexible, void of unnecessary bureaucracy and incredibly rewarding.
- To support and advise our team in improving the quality of intervention outcomes for the children and families we work with.
- To lead on the screening of referrals, and communicate effectively with external professionals and internal staff to guide the nature of case work.
- To support and advise external professionals in ways to support vulnerable children to be successful.
- To support the learning and development of our team in relation to education, mental health and Special Educational Needs.
- Provide supervision and support to external professionals working with vulnerable children and families, to help them enhance their practice.
- Manage referrals coming in to our service by discussing the child’s needs and drawing up individualised proposals for interventions.
- Deliver interventions to children and families to support children back into education.
- Experience of working directly with children and families in a supportive capacity
- Experience of providing supervision to senior staff
- Knowledge of a variety of mental health issues and Special Educational Needs
- Knowledge of how children learn and how schools operate
- A clear understanding of risk management and safeguarding
- Experience of multi-agency working
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with others to improve their practice
- Resilience and an ability to challenge others effectively
- Strong administration skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to visit children and families across the county
- Degree in a relevant field such as psychology, education, social work, occupational therapy
- Experience of delivering training and sharing knowledge with others to enhance their practice.
- Broad knowledge of existing support systems and services for children and families
- Experience in applying therapeutic models to casework
Equality, inclusivity and diversity at One-Eighty
One-Eighty are committed to doing all we can to ensure that our staff, trustees and volunteers reflect the individuals we work with. Accordingly, we welcome all applications, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We would especially welcome male applicants, people from BAME communities and backgrounds, and people living with disability who are currently not as well represented in our organisation as we would like.
What can we offer?
- A rewarding role that is different every day
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive, friendly and passionate team environment
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and 6 company days
- Pension and rewards scheme
- Regular supervision
Currently the role is largely remote working due to Covid-19 though we are beginning to see children in person and access our office space, risk assessments allowing.
One-Eighty is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our recruitment and selection process reflects this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check and 2 references. One-Eighty has a policy for the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is with the application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.