The post holder will provide analysis and support to the Director of Corporate Finance and the Head of Treasury in managing the Group’s treasury position, including management of the £1bn debt portfolio, the provision of timely and accurate reporting and undertaking specialist treasury projects.
Principal Outputs & Responsibilities
Supporting the management of all the Group debt facilities and derivatives, including:
Debt management & reporting
- Maintaining the treasury debt portfolio ensuring all records are accurate for the Group.
- Working with treasury accountant to ensure that all treasury activity is correctly recorded in the Group’s systems.
- Providing daily reporting on the debt position of the Group to the Head of Treasury.
- Preparing and managing medium-term (monthly 60 months rolling) cash flow forecast. Producing a monthly cashflow forecast variance report.
- Reporting on treasury KPIs to Head of Treasury including projected liquidity, liquidity ratios, WACC and borrowing capacity.
- Updating and owning the development capacity report.
- Collating information and data in response to funder enquires, including compilation of Quarterly briefing notes.
- Ensuring that loan drawdown and rollover notifications/letters are drafted for approval and issued to group counterparties in line with the requirements as set out in the loan agreements.
- Providing support to Head of Treasury during arrangement of new banking or debt capital markets facilities.
Governance and compliance
- Monitoring performance against Treasury Management Policy parameters.
- Maintaining a database of external reporting and compliance requirements under the Group’s facilities.
- Preparing and reporting on financial covenants under the Group’s facilities.
- Co-ordinating and preparing regulatory returns.
- Adhering at all times to One Housing’s treasury management policy, ensuring this is embedded in all treasury operations that the post holder is responsible for and delivering all requirements required under the Policy.
Treasury process improvement
- Ensuring that the Treasury Management System is kept up to date and maximum efficiencies are delivered from the system.
- Preparing and maintaining comprehensive procedure notes and records.
- Continually driving process improvement regarding all aspects of the Treasury function.
Other treasury tasks
- Supporting a wide range of financial analytical tasks as they arise.
- Supporting treasury team activities as they arise.
- Supervising the Junior Treasury analyst and provide cover for this position.
Skills and Experience
- Employment experience in treasury, ideally with debt, debt capital markets and derivatives experience.
- ACT/CFA Qualified or actively studying towards the qualification.
- Strong Excel skills with ability to build and maintain complex financial models.
- Experience using Treasury Management Systems (desirable).
- Graduate degree first or 2:1 in a numerate or science subject.
- Analytical approach and a right first-time approach.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with juggling multiple priorities.
- A “can do” attitude and desire to progress through a career in treasury.
- Ensure that responsibilities for Health & Safety are properly understood and discharged as defined in One Housing’s Health & Safety Policy and that Health & Safety concerns are promptly and clearly communicated to the appropriate people.
- Comply fully with One Housing’s policies and procures including the standing orders and financial regulations.
- Comply with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
- Comply with the Data Protection Act (all employees will not disclose or make use of for their private advantage any information held on record which is not available to the public)
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required