One Million Mentors (1MM), is a project within the charity UpRising Leadership, its mission is to transform the process of mentoring for all in the UK. Our ambition is to train, recruit and connect a million mentors to a million young people in order to increase youth employability, support social action and help break down social barriers.
The impetus for 1MM comes from the recognition that there is significant opportunity to widen the scope of mentoring, increase the provision of mentoring to areas across the UK and generally strengthen the mentoring network by connecting existing organisations through the shared online platform.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is able to work well managing the multiple responsibilities outlined in the complete job description. The successful candidate will help to ensure the smooth running of 1MM’s Operations and Programmes across the 4 regions: West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Cardiff Capital Region and London.
Applicants will need excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work in a fast moving environment with multiple deadlines. Please note this is a full time role offered on an initial 3-month contract.
For full information about the role (including complete job description; frequency of work and rate of pay) and what we’d like from you in your application please download our job pack attached.
Important application details:
Application deadline: Wednesday 4th September at 5 pm. Please note, that we may be contacting suitable applicants before the deadline, so you are encouraged to apply early.
- Tuesday 10th September 2019 in Birmingham
- Thursday 12th September 2019 in London
- Tuesday 17th September 2019 in Manchester
We will respond to any queries or applications post 19th August, as staff are currently on annual leave.
Application is made by submitting a CV and a personalised Cover Letter:
- CV should be tailored to demonstrate how you meet the competencies
- Cover Letter should refer to three competencies where you are particularly strong. The Cover Letter should also detail why you are interested in the role, why you want to work for One Million Mentors/UpRising, and how your values match those of our own. The Cover letter should be no more than 2 pages of A4.
We encourage applicants from diverse and underrepresented background to apply to this role.