Administration & Communications Officer
One Small Thing is the charity striving for positive change in the criminal justice system by implementing small changes in a big way. We facilitate and fund trauma-informed programmes for prison and community services that aim to humanise and break the cycle of crime.
We are committed to systemic and cultural changes that reduce crime, prevent reoffending and support individuals, families and communities to thrive. All of our work is informed by an understanding of equality, diversity, gender and power.
Our name reflects the value of small things – empathy, compassion, respect and hope - and their combined power to make a big difference to individuals and affect society as a whole.
Due to an exciting period of growth for our charity, we are now looking for an Administration & Communications Officer to join our team and support activities across the UK, based in our London office.
- Salary of up to £26,000 per annum
- Play a role in changing the criminal justice system
- Join a welcoming and passionate team
If you are an experienced administrator and skilled communicator, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation with a dedicated team creating important and positive cultural change.
So, if you want to advance your career with an organisation making sustainable change, we want to hear from you.
As an Administration & Communications Officer, you will provide administrative support to the One Small Thing Team.
In this diverse role, you will provide high-quality administrative support for our training and development work, a range of projects, our JUSTICE podcast, events and conferences, communication channels, HR admin and day-to-day enquiries.
This engaging, multifaceted role will involve:
- Updating our website and social media feeds
- Overseeing HR administration tasks
- Acting as the single point of contact for client enquiries
- Inputting invoices for payment
- Providing logistical arrangements in relation to training and events
To join us as an Administration & Communications Officer, you will need:
- Administration experience gained in an office environment
- Experience of arranging travel in accordance with policies and budgets
- Experience of co-ordinating meetings including booking resources and producing agendas
- An excellent working knowledge of websites and social media including experience of using content management systems (CMS)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and CRM systems and/or similar databases
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced vetting and barring check.
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, Communications Officer, Communications Assistant, Administration Assistant, Office Administrator, Marketing Administrator, Office Co-ordinator, Office Assistant, HR Administrator, Social Media Assistant, or Media and Communications Assistant.
Webrecruit and One Small Thing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
For further instructions on how to apply for the role of Administration & Communications Officer, please select the apply button shown, which will bring you to our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.