One Walsall provides infrastructure and support for the borough’s voluntary and community sector organisations. We are an independent charity providing support to help local voluntary and community organisations develop and sustain their activities and engage residents in voluntary action. We are a small, energetic team committed to our aim of supporting a strong voluntary and community sector and inspiring local social action.
The Funding Officer is responsible for supporting voluntary sector organisations in Walsall to develop project ideas from initial thoughts into submission of high-quality bids. The post will work closely with One Walsall’s Development Officers who support organisations around their structural governance and capacity. The successful candidate will be required to maintain a strategic overview of current and future funding opportunities for both internal and external use, from which a funding digest can be created.
Key attributes we are seeking from candidates include:
- In-depth knowledge of the funding environment in relation to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
- Proven track record of securing funding from a variety of sources for a diverse range of activity
- Ability to lead on strategic discussions with funders, to identify common trends and needs of the local sector and develop joint responses to them .
- A self-motivated individual who can work to their own initiative to meet agreed goals and targets
- Knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation processes and the development of effective mechanisms to ensure a robust assessment of applications
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Davina Lytton or Dave Benge.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.