We support our residents, service users, young people and of course our teams to Belong, Contribute and Thrive as they develop and progress towards achieving their full potential.
The amazing work of our teams in working to achieve this resulted in us supporting over 95,700 people across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire in 2018/19. Which in turn established us as the biggest single provider of supported accommodation in Hertfordshire, in turn enabling us to generate savings to the public purse of over £8.8 million across Herts and Bucks and providing over 127,200 nights of safe and secure accommodation to our vulnerable residents.
All this being only a tiny fraction of everything we do at One YMCA, with our Youth Work, Family Services, Nursery, Gym and Community HUB teams collectively working with over 55,000 children and young people on a truly person-centric basis, each year.
As part of our ambitious growth plans and aspirations to do even more and better, we are now looking to add another experienced, committed and focused member to our Executive Management Team.
Role: Director of Corporate Services
Based: Watford, Hertfordshire
Basis: Permanent Post / 37.5 Hours PW
Salary: £72,450 pa
Extra: Excellent benefits package
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a senior business professional to join a well-established, progressive charity in their central Watford location. It is a position that requires versatility, strategic thinking, innovation and regulatory adherence. Over the past decade this charity has more than tripled its turnover and has a growing headcount now in excess of 400. Continuously increasing the brilliant work we do has resulted in saving the public purse £8.8 million and added £4.6 million in social value across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire. We are on track to keep up that momentum and the successful candidate will play a key role in continuing this development and shaping the future.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for leading the strategic development and operational management of the charity’s Corporate Services Provision. This includes Heads of Service in Finance, Digital & IT, Safety & Compliance and the Corporate Governance and Company Secretarial role which the postholder will undertake directly. This is an extensive brief giving the right person an outstanding working environment, team and cause to be proud of.
- Lead the strategic development of Corporate Services to support and facilitate both front-line delivery and future sustainability, ensuring all services reflect the vision, values and strategy.
- Lead the development of integrated business and financial strategy and planning across the charity, working closely with the Chief Executive and senior colleagues, in order to ensure a strong future for the charity.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the Chief Executive, Trustees and senior colleagues in relation to Corporate Governance, regulatory obligations and new business opportunities.
- Overall operational management of the Corporate Services departments (Finance, Property & Safety, IT) ensuring all services meet business needs across the charity, in line with the Values.
- As a member of the Executive Management team, contribute to the overall strategic development, direction and operational management.
- Act as Company Secretary on behalf of the Board and CEO.
- Act as an ambassador, representing the charity within the wider group and externally as delegated.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Be a senior professional with not for profit experience and a financial, business management or legal qualification.
- Have worked as a Company Secretary and / or holds a relevant qualification with knowledge and expertise in legislation and regulation applicable to a complex “not-for-profit” organisation with commercial activities.
- Knowledge and experience of developing long term organisational strategy and business planning to include not-for-profit funding streams and partnership arrangements.
- Excellent understanding of sustainable business modelling within the not for profit sector to include emergent business models.
- Knowledge of risk management and audit.
- Track record of developing customer focused services that support business delivery.
- Knowledge of charitable economic and political context (developments in statutory and voluntary provision and funding arrangements, potential impact of political and economic change.
- Understanding of the capabilities and potential of IT to deliver complex business systems, management information and communications.
- Understanding of resources, facilities and contracts management.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety and property legislative compliance.
- Experience of managing and developing a mix of staff teams (Finance, Health & Safety, IT)
- Managing and motivating during a significant change process.
This charity has a Christian ethos. Candidates must feel comfortable working in an environment (and with partner organisations) where faith is actively practised.
Please be advised that in order to fulfil this post the selected candidate will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.