Are you passionate about volunteering?
Do you have experience managing all aspects of a volunteer programme, from attracting and recruiting volunteers to keeping them engaged and motivated?
Would you like to be the lead for our volunteering programme and expand it across our organisation?
Do you want some flexibility to work your weekly hours around other commitments?
This is a brand-new role and we’re looking for someone who can drive, develop and manage our volunteering offer. You’ll have a unique and rewarding opportunity to achieve the volunteering aspirations of one of the country's best-known charities.
We are One YMCA, a successful and respected regional YMCA serving Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire. We provide a range of social housing, health & wellbeing, children and family services for the benefit of local communities from multiple sites across these regions. We already have a volunteering programme in place, but it is limited, and we want to expand its scope across our organisation.
We’re an ambitious charity and we have a big goal – which we call Mission 25 - to double our impact in the communities we serve by 2025. Volunteers will play a vital role in helping us to achieve this, and so will you!
How you'll help us:
- You’ll be instrumental in growing our volunteer programme and meeting our ambitious Mission 25 targets for volunteer hours.
- You will introduce volunteering to departments in One YMCA which have yet to see the benefits first-hand.
- You’ll be our central resource in supporting volunteers and line managers. This includes helping managers with any challenges that arise with their volunteers, such as people issues.
- You’ll build and develop external partnerships to enable and enhance volunteer recruitment.
- You’ll be comfortable handling the compliance activities too, such as record-keeping, DBS checks and mandatory training.
What you’ll bring:
- You’ll need previous experience managing and expanding all aspects of a volunteer programme (but we’re open-minded about what companies and sectors you have worked in).
- You’ll be a self-starter - able to create, as well as follow, direction.
What you’ll get in return:
- Lots of help, support and appreciation! Although you need to be comfortable in a lead role, you will be part of a friendly and collaborative team, so you’re not on your own. Moreover, managers across the wider organisation are really looking forward to working with you, and they will support you too.
- An impressive tick on the CV plus the personal fulfilment that goes with this. You will achieve a substantial expansion of volunteering across a multi-site organisation, which directly improves the lives of our service users.
- Great benefits – as well as a competitive salary, we offer a Simply Health cash plan, membership at our St Albans Community Gym, life cover and flexible working.
Hours, pay and travel:
- This is a part-time role paying £15,965 per annum (based on a full-time salary of £26,609).
- Working hours are 22.5 per week (equivalent to three days per week) – however, we can be quite flexible on when these are worked. For example, you might work them across four or even five days per week, and this can vary from week to week if that helps you.
- You will need access to a car to travel regularly to our sites across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. You won’t be travelling every day – some of your work can be done from home – but we will expect you to be frequently engaging with managers and volunteers in person. We will reimburse mileage incurred in the course of work duties.
HOW TO APPLY:
Important: applications will only be accepted via One YMCA's careers pages. Please make sure you read the instructions at the end of the vacancy listing and include the information we have requested in your covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.