We are seeking a Community Manager to help maintain engagement with One Young World’s community of more than 13,700 young leaders (Ambassadors) in every country and sector, who are driving action to create a fair sustainable world.
This role is ideally suited for a candidate with previous experience managing a global network of young people and working with corporate, governmental, and non-governmental partners.
• Engaging regularly and personally with One Young World’s community of Ambassadors, providing bespoke opportunities, promoting their work, connecting them with high-level speaking engagements, and forging productive connections and partnerships.
• Overseeing the delivery of a regular suite of regional events and gatherings (digital and in-person).
• Managing programmes and external partnerships designed to increase the impact of Ambassadors in the Community.
• Contributing to communications and campaigns with the community, supporting both OYW HQ and regional coordinators.
• Writing and publishing news and thought leadership content for the website.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have project management experience, demonstrating efficiency and organisation working to tight deadlines
• Be a personable, collaborative team leader with experience taking responsibility in high-pressure environments
• Have experience managing professional relationships with individuals and partners around the world
• Be comfortable engaging with partners in an approachable yet professional manner
• Have an in-depth understanding of a broad range of global issues, international development, and current affairs
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be fluent in English
• Have the legal right to work in the UK
• Be based within commuter distance to Central London, or planning to relocate by July 2021
Desirable skills include:
• Written/spoken fluency in a language other than English
• Experience in web-based content management and basic coding knowledge
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
• Graphic design experience and knowledge of programs such as InDesign/Photoshop
The Community Team:
We are the bridge between One Young World’s London HQ and our Community of 13,700+ young leaders in over 196 countries, working to support their work all year round. The team works with over 50+ partner organisations to provide Ambassadors with funding opportunities, exclusive development programmes, mentorship, knowledge-enhancing forums, media exposure, impact measurement, high-level speaking engagements, and more.
In 2021 alone, the team hosted 82 events attended by 11,000+ participants and curated 253 unique opportunities. Community Partners include the World Bank, Goalkeepers by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, British Museum, Cannes Lions, and World Humanitarian Forum amongst several others.
A snapshot of programmes under the Community portfolio include:
• COVID-19 Young Leaders Fund: in 2020, we distributed $450,000 in emergency funding to young leaders at the frontline of the pandemic response.
• Impact Reporting: we track and document the impact of Ambassador activities using various methodologies including quantitative analysis of social return on investment.
• Finance & Business 2030: we collaborated with Chartered Accountants Worldwide to unite and mobilise the finance and business community to achieve the SDGs by 2030.
• Action Accelerator: a collaboration of Ambassadors and our team offer an extensive programme designed to help young leaders conceptualise their action and deliver social impact initiatives.
About One Young World
We exist to develop young leaders who are taking action to solve the world’s big challenges. Our vision is a world where leaders with integrity are empowered to build a fair, sustainable future for all. We achieve this by:
• Inspiring young leaders to increase their impact
• Building young leaders’ expertise and capacity to act
• Elevating young leaders’ profiles locally and globally
It all begins with the annual One Young World Summit - the beating heart of what we are about. For young leaders, the Summit is the landmark event of the year. It is a chance for the individuals responsible for shaping the future of our world, to come together to confront the biggest challenges facing humanity. The Summit is the ultimate place to be inspired, share learnings, and connect.
But the Summit is not just a life-changing four-day experience, it is just the start of every attendee’s journey with us. Every leader who attends leaves the Summit as a One Young World Ambassador and a valued member of our global community. This is a lifelong membership to one of the most incredible networks in the world.
Our global Community is a community like no other. When we say global, that’s exactly what we mean. Our Community comprises 13,700+ young leaders, corporate partners, and supporters from over 196 countries, spanning every sector and industry. It is comprised of activists, humanitarians, world-leaders, business-leaders, thought-leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians, and innovators.
We partner with 180+ global businesses, NGOs, and educational institutions. Leading companies from every sector make One Young World an integral part of their global talent development, retention, and attraction. They also sponsor and support delegations of fully-funded scholars who are selected for demonstrating outstanding leadership and track records of impact in creating a fair, sustainable future for all.
Our Community of young leaders, corporate partners, Counsellors and supporters are changing the world in ways that matter. For every $1 of value invested, One Young World Ambassadors deliver $16 of social value.
Every year, we produce an Impact Report to analyse and summarise the social impact of our programmes and our Community. In 2021, Ambassadors featured in the report directly impacted more than 5.4 million people. This includes them providing 698,700 meals to people experiencing food insecurity, giving 292,166 people access to clean water, and preventing 812,000 tonnes of carbon emissions.
One Young World Sustainability Pledge
• One Young World endeavours to ensure its Summit is accessible to all. One Young World is committed to maximising the diversity and inclusiveness of Delegates, Speakers and Partners.
• One Young World will collaborate with its global community of Delegates, Ambassadors and Partners, to work towards a sustainable future for society, to address social and environmental issues, and thus enhance the quality of life throughout the world.
• One Young World is built on respecting and embracing diverse cultures and values, and will contribute to the development of the local regions in which it operates. With its global reach, One Young World has a unique opportunity to leave a lasting legacy following each Summit.
• We understand the impact of our business activities on the environment and society, and will work with our suppliers and partners to promote socially responsible procurement.
• Toward achieving a sustainable society, we will strive to develop our Summit through the creation of environmental value. For this purpose, we will address environmental challenges through our business activities and will expand our environmental initiatives based on collaboration with stakeholders.
Equal Opportunities Statement
At One Young World, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our Summit, and our community. One Young World is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
What your colleagues say:
“As someone who enjoys working in an international working environment towards a higher purpose, One Young World is an ideal place to work. It is more than a job - working at One Young World also gives you the opportunity to continuously learn and build a network of incredible change-makers from around the globe.”
“Working in such a purpose driven environment means that you become a more productive version of yourself. The team is so smart and supportive you want to push yourself harder in order to achieve the best results. Knowing that you’re changing the lives of people around the world makes it even more rewarding.”
“Our internationally diverse team means that everyone brings different experiences to the working environment which is very passionate whilst also being relaxed and friendly.”
How to apply?
Upload a CV and covering letter via the application portal below by 31 May 2021.
A longlist of candidates will be invited to participate in video interviews and a final shortlist of candidates will participate in a final round of interviews and assessments at One Young World’s London office in June 2021.
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.