Onside are delighted to be working in partnership with a number of Primary Care Networks across Worcestershire to deliver a Social Prescribing service for their patients. Social Prescribing Link Workers work with patients to build trust and create a personalised care and support plan linking individuals with community groups, voluntary organisations and other services. Social Prescribing Link Workers build trust with individuals and help them to tackle issues affecting their health and wellbeing, e.g. debt, poor housing, physical inactivity, other life style issues or low level mental health concerns.
As Social Prescribing Manager, you will oversee and manage the set up and operational delivery of the Onside Social Prescribing service. Ensuring effective planning and management of resources to achieve delivery outcomes, meet contractual requirements and support the team to come together and deliver social prescribing within a range of settings.
Key Elements of the role;
- Provide effective and supportive line management to the Social Prescribing Team and other designated staff to ensure effective delivery of Social Prescribing services within GP practices and secondary care settings
- Ensure the vision and ethos of the organisation is reflected in all activities and a user focussed and person centred approach underpins all services
- Ensure effective systems are in place for allocation of work and resources across all services
- Co-ordinate promotional and networking activities across all services
- Co-ordinate and oversee the monitoring, assessment and evaluation processes for all services; to include meeting contractual requirements, reporting to funders and other key stakeholders
- Ensure the effective control and management of service budgets
- Ensure the continuing professional development of all staff ensuring the organisation has the appropriate skills for effective delivery of all services
- Responsibility for liaison with service users and other stakeholders including dealing with complaints and feedback
- Compile and produce reports and updates on services/projects as required
- Liaise and build effective working relationships with appropriate organisations, agencies and professionals to promote and develop services and the wider organisation including representation at appropriate networking and partnership meetings
- Contribute to and work within organisational quality frameworks, ensuring all services are meeting required standards
- Work with the volunteer team to build capacity within the Social Prescribing Service and utilise volunteer resources
We are seeking someone with a commitment to social prescribing and an understanding of the potential benefits for all involved. You should have significant experience of managing a diverse team based across multiple locations. Ideally, you will have been involved in new project set ups previously and developed new working practices preferably in an environment where you have been working positively with people facing complex social and emotional challenges.
It is essential to be open-minded, non-judgemental, have a respectful attitude together with an ability to easily create relationships based on trust. Sound judgement and reliability are fundamental alongside a warm, friendly personality.
The work is challenging but rewarding and you will need to be resourceful, creative and highly organised with the ability to respond to change, manage a varied workload and work independently.
If you would like to make a real difference to someone’s life and share our commitment to creating more inclusive communities we would like to hear from you.
For an informal conversation or more information please call 01905 27525 and ask to speak to Alice Braddick.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 10th November 2019
Interviews: week commencing 18th November 2019
For an application pack or specific queries regarding the posts please contact:
Emma Powell, 01905 27525
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.