We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Operations Manager to provide leadership and management of the Support Service of a long-standing highly regarded young people's mental health charity. The successful applicant will be employed on an interim basis for an initial period of 6 months. Open Door is undertaking a review of its management structure and the role may well become permanent.
About Open Door:
Based in Haringey, North London, Open Door is dedicated to improving the mental health and emotional well-being of young people in their transition from childhood to adulthood. Over the past forty-four years thousands of young people have turned to Open Door with a range of concerns including depression, anxiety and self-harm. We deliver a range of effective evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25 as well as specialist support to parents facing the particular challenges of parenting teenagers.
Open Door operates from welcoming, non-stigmatising community settings which can be accessed by self-referral. Since 1976 its main base has been in Crouch End and in 2013 Open Door Tottenham was launched in an area of significant need. We have also worked in a number of mainstream and special secondary schools.
We currently work with around 600 young people and parents per year delivering over 6,000 appointments. We are funded by our local NHS CCG, Local Authority, charitable trusts, contracts, fundraising activities and donations. Open Door is a lively, thriving organisation staffed by a team of highly qualified and dedicated clinicians, trainees, administrators and volunteers overseen by a committed Board of Trustees.
With the onset of the covid-19 pandemic Open Door transitioned to remote working without interruption in the clinical service. Since March 19th, therapy sessions have been offered using video (zoom), telephone and text with the majority of staff working from home. We have made building adjustments and introduced hygiene and social distancing protocols to create premises covid-secure enough to allow face-to-face work, though on a reduced level. From mid-September we will be increasing the number of face-to-face appointments alongside the digital offer depending on clinical presentation, risk, patient choice and our capacity to maintain social distancing. Whilst transitioning to becoming a ‘blended’ service offering in-person and remote therapy, we are also undertaking a 30% service expansion made possible by successful income generation. This will be achieved by the employment of new therapists and Open Door becoming a 5 day per week service for the first time in over 10 years.
This is a very exciting time to join Open Door. The Operations Manager will play a crucial role in supporting service expansion, the consolidation of our digital work as well as a planned re-branding and website development.
The main duties of the Operations Manager include:
- To work closely with the CEO to ensure the efficient delivery of Open Door’s clinical services in its various locations by providing leadership and management of the support service.
- Financial management and administration (production of management accounts; forecasts and budgets; preparation of annual accounts, etc.)
- To provide non-clinical Project Management for key projects as designated by the CEO (eg: development of our digital service; rebranding and website development)
- Line management of up to six administrative staff and volunteers.
- Facilities, office and premises management.
- Management of ICT.
- Overseeing data collection, analysis and flow to NHS Digital and funders.
- HR management and administration.
- Governance support including regulatory compliance, policies and procedures; to act as Health and Safety Officer and Data Protection Officer.
- Administrative support of the Board of Trustees and attendance at meetings.
- Participation in income generation, marketing and PR.
- To support the CEO in developing Open Door in line with its agreed Business Plan/Strategy.
To find out more about Open Door see our website
To apply for this role please complete the attached application form and supporting documents and return by email
- The closing date for this vacancy is 12 noon on Friday 25th September
- Interviews within 2 weeks of closing date TBC
- Interviewees will be asked to undertake some competency tests and a presentation.
We look forward to receiving your application.