Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Open Doors International supports the worldwide organization with services such as Program Management, IT, Finance and HR by working in a service-oriented way with teams and colleagues in countries with an Open Doors Development or Field office.
Open Doors International is looking for a strategic and innovative
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
0.8FTE or 1.0FTE (30 – 37.5 hours per week)
The Global HR Services team is driven to serve the persecuted church by serving our ministry leaders worldwide. The team supports and guides the organization to live out our Core Values, increase staff engagement, aid staff resilience, and encourage personal and professional development. We seek a specialist in the HR area of Learning and Development who can discern how to best serve leaders and staff as well as deliver and monitor implementation of the required solutions, tools and processes. This position reports to the Global Manager of HR Services.
Your key responsibilities
- Supports the team by contributing to the development and implementation of the Global People Strategy;
- Owns, designs, implements and monitors L&D resources and tools, including hands-on production of English-language e-learning lessons;
- Lead projects and provide tactical and operational support and advice;
- Continuously identify new solutions and opportunities of simplification;
- Partner with local HR professionals and other relevant key stakeholders in different cultures, to define future state solutions and needs;
- Committed Christian with a passion for the Persecuted Church;
- Bachelor working and thinking level in HR or other relevant area;
- Multiple years of experience in the specific area of L&D, also in a NGO context or other relevant area;
- Track record of successfully implementing and embedding L&D initiatives;
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills;
- Service oriented and energetic way of working;
- Organizational sensitivity;
- Accountable, reducing complexity, forward-thinking and self-directed
- Fluency in English.
This is a salaried position. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a versatile position in an international environment and a professional team. The position is to be located in Europe, most likely the UK (Witney) or The Netherlands (Harderwijk).
Please send your email with your resume and short motivation including how you believe God prepared you for this position by 24 January 2020, to the HR department of Open Doors International, Mrs. Rianne Wolfsen. If you have questions about the position, please use this same email address.
All jobs at Open Doors International have an occupational requirement under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 to be held by an active, practising Christian who assents to our statement of faith.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.