Do you have an interest in the safeguarding and protection of people? This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your knowledge and skills to become the contact person and expert on safeguarding procedures within Open Doors International.
We are a global charity that supports the most persecuted Christians. It is our responsibility to make sure our staff, operations and programs do no harm to vulnerable adults and children and do not expose them to abuse or exploitation.
As safeguarding officer* you will raise awareness of safeguarding in all areas in our organisation and you’ll assist with developing and implementing tools, processes and training (classroom and eLearning) for all teams. You won’t be alone in doing this, as you’ll be part of a Global Working Group that oversees and leads all global initiatives relating to safeguarding. This position will be part of the Global People and Culture team.
Support will be provided as needed to enable you to do well in this role and support the needs of the organisation.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep our global safeguarding policy and procedures up to date.
- Assist with Developing, implementing and keeping up to date all tools, processes and trainings that are listed as needs for the organisation.
- Ensure global knowledge and awareness of safeguarding is up to date.
- Monitor compliance with and implementation of global safeguarding and child protection standards and promote globally a safe environment for vulnerable adults and children.
- Support key stakeholders on safeguarding case management.
- Build and maintain a global network of contacts, both internal and external.
- Analyse trends in safeguarding, note new needs in our organisation and make recommendations.
- Committed Christian with a heart for the Persecuted Church.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- An understanding of policies and procedures within an organization.
- Able to think analytically and to translate needs into tools, processes and training.
- Team player, adept at building strong relationships cross-organisationally and cross-culturally (or with the potential to do so)
- Able to work on own initiative, manage and prioritise multiple tasks and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in serving the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a versatile position in an international, dynamic environment, a professional team and the opportunity to grow professionally and personally. As a global organisation we are used to combining working from home with working from the office and to have flexible working hours. Location preferably in the UK or NL.
*There is an occupational requirement under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for this post to be held by a committed Christian who assents to our statement of faith.
Have any questions?
This role is for Open Doors International which is a different part of the organisation to the UK Development Base. If you have questions about the role please don’t call Open Doors UK & I on the 01993 number (they won't be able to assist you!), but click on ‘apply now’ and send us, the ODI HR team, your email address and/or phone number.
We will then contact you to answer your questions. Thank you.
Please ensure that you send all three of these documents to Mr Jos van Stiphout:
-short cover letter
-ODI Application form
If you have questions about the role please use the' apply now' button and ask your question within the covering letter section. We will respond to you via email and you'll then have the opportunity for a conversation if you wish.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.