Who We Are
Open Doors is a Christian charity that is looking to recruit active, practising Christians to help meet the growing needs of the persecuted church worldwide. Hostility, violence and abuse of Christians around the globe is on the increase. Open Doors works in over 60 countries to ensure that those facing such persecution are not forgotten, but can stand strong to serve their communities and give life.
Accountable for the delivering a range of marketing campaigns and projects, ensuring that project scope and plan are credible, measurable, and setup to deliver agreed outcomes. Ensure risks and issues are effectively raised and managed. Task management and coordination of teams to ensure effective delivery.
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will work closely with the following:
- Director of Marcomms
- Marcomms team
37.5 hours per week. Usually worked within 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday. This position involves some evening and weekends at conferences and events for which TOIL (time off in lieu)is given.
Responsibilities and Requirements
Campaign Planning and Management:
- Working with the Head of Marketing to create and design marketing campaigns to fulfil the marketing strategy/strategies
- Working with key leads to ensure that the marketing campaigns meet the organisational objectives
- Ensuring that all campaigns follow a project plan and are project managed successfully from start to end, ensuring correct scoping of the plan, a clear brief, clear objectives, measures and timings and that the project stays within budget.
- Ensure project is within Open Doors branding and policies (eg security guidelines).
- Any arising risks and issues are effectively raised and managed, and good, effective communication with all stakeholders takes place.
- Ensure project documentation is well-maintained and project status is reported regularly
Campaign Issue and Risk Management:
- Identify and track any project risks and issues. Manage change through ‘change control’ process when issues are outside project tolerances.
Campaign Review and Learning:
- Ensure effective reviews for projects, identifying insights that can be applied to improve processes and maximise response. Facilitate and support reviews for other projects, as required.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to identify leaning and development opportunities within the marketing team and facilitate these, including coaching and mentoring members of the marketing team, enabling them to grow and develop in their learning and experience.
- Any other tasks reasonably required for the role and necessary to support the MarComms team.
The above job description is a guide to the work the job holder may be required to undertake but does not form part of the contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Applying Your Christian Faith to This Role
Because of the essential Christian context in which the role will be performed, the role is subject to an occupational requirement under the Equality Act that the post-holder be a practising Christian. Each working day will involve collective prayer and worship, together with shared reflections on the work of Jesus Christ. All members of staff at Open Doors are expected to actively participate in this shared time and members of staff take it in turns to lead the act of collective worship.
There will be many ways you will be able to apply your Christian faith and the outworking of your faith to the context of Open Doors. The list below gives some of the expectations of this role but is not exhaustive or intended to limit you:
- Contributing to and leading daily devotions (this can be for the whole team or just smaller, departmental groups)
- Participating in retreats, days of prayer and fasting etc.
- Committing to private prayer for the work associated with this role, your direct reports and closest colleagues
- Working in such a way so as to reflect biblical principles of leadership and service
- Applying biblical principles of godly stewardship to operational responsibilities
- To be open and obedient to God’s voice and direction in relation to any strategic matter and to always seek His will above all else
- To apply biblical principles when approving copy for campaign (eg allowing for genuine freedom of will without undue influence, and ensureing that campaign information is factually accurate).
Limits of Authority
To operate within the ethos and aims of Open Doors, adhering to budget parameters and the Open Doors’ confidentiality agreement.
Who You Are
You will demonstrate the following essential criteria for this role:
- Committed Christian who is completely in sympathy with the calling and mission of Open Doors
- Marketing and/or project management experience in a charity, working on integrated campaigns of a large scale / complex nature
- Degree or equivalent evidence of application
- Proactive, able to manage multiple projects and relationships to meet deadlines and budgets on complex briefs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Experience managing marketing agencies or freelancers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence: able to influence others, has confidence to challenge project direction/decision, works collaboratively to resolve problems and deliver results
- Strategic thinker
- Understanding of data and experience of delivering improved results through data planning
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A team builder and strong team player with the ability to inform and influence effectively both internally and externally.
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative to meet deadlines and produce work of a consistently high standard
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Responsible and mature outlook
- High standard of personal hygiene; clean, tidy and professional appearance
- Chemistry with Open Doors Staff
- Commitment to Open Door’s Core Values
In addition, it would be beneficial for you to demonstrate the following:
- PRINCE2 qualification
- Charity fundraising experience
- Experience in process documentation and process improvement
- Broad knowledge of international and Christian issues
- Member of professional body, eg Institute of Fundraising, Chartered institute of marketing, Institute of Direct Marketing
- Experience of complex formulas and pivot tables in Excel
Enhanced disclosure information may be requested from the DBS in the event of a successful application.