Work Location: Witney (our policy is a minimum of 40% of hours in the office, with the remainder remote working)
Who we are
Open Doors is a Christian charity that is looking to recruit active, practising Christians to help meet the growing needs of the persecuted church worldwide. Hostility, violence and abuse of Christians around the globe is on the increase. Open Doors works in over 50 countries to ensure that those facing such persecution are not forgotten, but can stand strong to serve their communities and give life.
Provide comprehensive, confidential and professional assistance to the Strategic Relations Director and for the SR Directorate. This requires a highly organised approach with excellent administration and a proactive attitude to deliver a range of projects in a timely manner in support of the director and the directorate needs.
About the team
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Relations, you will also form close working relationships with the other EAs, and the Leadership Team.
37.5 hours per week.
Responsibilities and requirements
Assist the Director of SR with:
Communication management including: coordination and prioritisation of email correspondence, proactive initiative in responding to actions identified in emails and filing management of correspondence enabling efficient recall of important information.
Schedule management and maintenance including internal and external appointments and travel logistics and arrangements to ensure effective use of the Directors time. This includes diary management and facilitating work-life balance needs e.g. toil and annual leave recording
Personal data management with expenses processing and coding, CRM database updates for meetings and key relationships management.
Preparation for meetings including background documents and information, agendas, minutes, PowerPoint presentations, reports and spreadsheets to ensure purpose and productivity in all meetings
Relationship management of external strategic relationships through a sensitive and appropriate approach to all forms of communication with external parties in consultation with Director
Support the functioning of the SR Directorate through managing logistics and schedules for meetings, SR Forums and coordination of SR team devotions
Project Managing a variety of end to end projects that add to the effectiveness, efficiency and performance of SR activity.
Support the recognition and reward approach for the Directorate through coordination of celebration events, team socials, day events and recognition gifts
Assist the Director in additional administrative responsibilities relating to leadership within Open Doors including liaising across departments in organisation wide areas of responsibility
Ensure security and confidentiality of data
Organise and maintain an efficient filing system of documents and correspondence
Any other duties that may reasonably be required in the role
The above job description is a guide to the work the job holder may be required to undertake but does not form part of the contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Applying your Christian faith to this role
Because of the essential Christian context in which the role will be performed, the role is subject to an occupational requirement under the Equality Act that the post-holder be a practising Christian. Each working day will involve collective prayer and worship, together with shared reflections on the work of Jesus Christ. All members of staff at Open Doors are expected to actively participate in this shared time and members of staff take it in turns to lead the act of collective worship.
There will be many ways you will be able to apply your Christian faith and the outworking of your faith to the context of Open Doors. The list below gives some of the expectations of this role but is not exhaustive or intended to limit you:
- Contributing to and leading daily devotions (this can be for the whole team or just smaller, departmental groups)
- Participating in retreats, days of prayer and fasting etc.
- Committing to private prayer for the work associated with this role, your direct reports and closest colleagues
- Working in such a way so as to reflect biblical principles of leadership and service
- Applying biblical principles of godly stewardship to operational responsibilities
- To be open and obedient to God’s voice and direction in relation to any strategic matter and to always seek His will above all else
Limits of Authority
To operate within the ethos and aims of Open Doors, adhering to budget parameters and the Open Doors’ confidentiality agreement.
Who you are
You will demonstrate the following essential criteria for this role:
- committed Christian who is completely in sympathy with the calling, mission and Core Values of Open Doors
- chemistry with Open Doors Staff
- English language to A-level standard or equivalent
- Advanced IT including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills, Outlook, Teams and SharePoint document management
- Excellent planning, organisational, workflow and time management skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form good working relationships
- A commitment to producing high quality, timely and accurate materials
- Excellent literacy and numberacy skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs
- able to work effectively under pressure
- demonstrates a high level of committment
- a positive and professional approach both internally and externally
- willingness to learn and develop new skills
In addition, it would be beneficial for you to demonstrate the following:
- experience of scheduling travel arrangements for management
- knowledge or experience of the persecuted church
- broad knowledge of international and Christian issues
- spiritual maturity
- ability to be creative and innovative
- experience of working as a PA or EA at senior manager/director level is desirable
- experience of calendar management and the coordination of complex meetings
- confidence in drafting reports and proposals, working with figures as well as words with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
Enhanced disclosure information may be requested from the DBS in the event of a successful application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.