Open Hands are looking to appoint a Van Driver Technician based in Leicester. The successful applicant will join the team and work primarily alongside the charity’s Furniture Project Manager in delivering the charity’s furniture projects.
Open Hands Trust is a faith-based organisation that aims to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of those most vulnerable and disadvantaged in the city of Leicester. Open Hands works towards alleviating poverty and seeks to empower individuals to move forward in their lives through offering practical support (including the provision of food, clothing and furniture), advice, skills training, mentoring and volunteering opportunities to those in need.
- To support the existing activities of Open Hands through driving the van during the collection/delivery of donated items, including the collection of food from local supermarkets and the collection/delivery of large and bulky furniture items
- Organising the furniture warehouse alongside the Furniture Project Manager
- Maintaining the furniture catalogue and stock levels alongside the Furniture Project Manager
- Delivering an excellent standard of customer service to all guests and service users
- Working alongside and managing teams of volunteers
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.