Do you want to help make the world a better place with your experience working on transactions? We are seeking an Investment Associate based in London to support its capital deployment activities, participate in all aspects of the investment process including landscaping target countries/themes/industries, deal sourcing, origination, due diligence, underwriting of equity and debt investments, evaluating the business environment in target countries, assisting in portfolio monitoring efforts, and preparing presentations for internal and external parties. This role requires international travel.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Economic Justice Program’s objective is to increase economic opportunity for the marginalized in ways that promote inclusive, open, and prosperous societies. We work to bend the exercise of economic power towards social justice and have two overarching goals: (1) enhancing the capacity and agency of economically marginalized populations and (2) increasing openness and equity in the economic and business systems in which they live and work.
As an Investment Associate at Open Society, you will:
- Work on assigned transactions across all stages of the investment process, from concept note through to final investment, asset monitoring, and exit;
- Prepare detailed financial analysis and modelling and performing due diligence on potential investees, preparing investment reports/proposals and presenting to relevant stakeholders;
- Work with legal team on transaction closing and assisting with social and financial monitoring of the investment assets;
- Manage relationships and coordinate with the management teams of the portfolio investees on performance against targets, tracking financial ratios and compliance with covenants;
- Collaborate with partners inside and outside OSF;
- Research special projects and keep up to date on trends, debates, and innovations in fields relevant to the EJP investment strategy, while developing emerging areas of expertise.
What we are looking for:
- An undergraduate degree with financial/economics/business focus;
- Sound experience in financial modelling and analysis, investment management, commercial or investment banking, project and deal-oriented financial analysis; strong diplomatic and relationship management skills:
- Financial modelling background: strong competency with evaluation, modelling for both debt and equity investments;
- Investment background and experience working in complex and uncertain environments;
- Understanding of, and passion for, economic development; especially engagement at the intersection of investing and economic development, as well as in the other themes prominent in the mission and work of the OSF;
- Results-/Impact-orientation: candidates must demonstrate ability to maintain focus on achieving meaningful and measurable impact and results and must be able to prioritize effectively towards desired outcomes in highly complex and uncertain environments.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
We offer ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts, along with other excellent benefits.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 8 July 2020.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.