Opening Doors London - Training Officer
Hours of Work: 35 Hours Per week (Open to job-share candidates at 2.5 days pw) - Permanent contract
Salary: Local Government Scale 6: £29,543 – £30,615 pa incl. LW
Location: Need not be London based but London office meetings required.
We believe that strength comes from diversity of lived experience. We positively welcome applications from members of the BAME, bi and trans and non-binary communities. Appointments are based on merit. Opening Doors London is the largest UK charity providing activities, events, support and information for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer+ people aged over 50. We aim to ensure that LGBTQ+ people over 50 live happier, healthier and independent lives free from prejudice and discrimination. Everything we do is informed by the lived experience of LGBTQ+ people.
Opening Doors London learns from the lived experience of older LGBTQ+ people to create training and conference events to influence change in health, housing and social care. As Training Officer in a small Training and Policy delivery team you will design, deliver and develop our learning portfolio of online and face-to-face training to strengthen engagement with the health, housing and social care sectors throughout the UK. We are looking for an experienced training professional from a health, housing or social care background who is energised by challenge, motivated by our values and wants to make a significant positive difference to the lives of older LGBTQ+ people.
- be a creative individual who comes with the experience of designing and delivering learning events for health, housing and social care audiences
- able to build relationships with senior staff of health, housing and social care organisations over time to maximise relationships that lead to ongoing income generation for our services
- have great interpersonal skills and an ability to negotiate creative learning solutions to client problems
- love working in the environment of a small, ambitious and relatively new organisations
- have a passion for supporting older members of the LGBTQ+ communities
As highlighted, there is no requirement for the post-holder to be London based as you will be delivering training and Pride in Care across the UK. However, there would be an expectation to be in the office [once open again] approx. 4 days each month.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 22nd March 2021
Interviews: Monday 12th April 2021 – INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON ZOOM, you must have a stable internet connection for this.
Opening Doors London charity number: 1167919. Opening Doors London is a company limited by guarantee (10123607). Opening Doors London is a subsidiary of Age UK Camden.