Job location: London/Remote
Pay: Up to £14.83 per hour
Contract: Temporary (Part-time). 22.5 hours per week, ideally across three days, but flexible on this. This shall be a minimum of 4 months (until February 2022), with the possibility of extending.
Job Purpose: As our Database Officer, you will ensure that all income-generating activities are run through the database and support the Database Manager in ensuring the database is accurate and compliant.
- Manage the flow of financial and non-financial data from third-party platforms and agencies, as well as direct income and data streams. This will include cleaning and preparing data, as well as importing it into Raisers Edge.
- Ensure the database accurately reflects the current, recent, and historical activity and outcomes from third-party agencies and platforms, such as MailChimp
- Work with all departments to collect and process ad hoc data efficiently, i.e. processing registrations for events.
- Assist in undertaking monthly quality analysis of data received from agencies and third-party platforms.
- Undertake routine processes to ensure the database is accurate, such as de-duplicating.
- Assist on data cleansing, quality control, and restructuring projects with the Database Manager
- Undertake ad hoc tasks that may be required from time to time
You will also be required to:
- Maintain OSUK’s commitment to data protection and ensure that policies relating to these areas are maintained and/or developed as necessary
- Assist with ensuring high standards are being maintained with regards to Gift Aid compliance
- Assist with ensuring OSUK’s commitment are being maintained with regards to following Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice
Skills and Experience Required:
- In depth knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM, ideally within a charitable organisation. Ideally to include importing and using Importacular templates.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of working with data
- Experience of using Excel, including using formula and functions such as sort, filter, VLOOKUPs, Pivot Table etc.
- Must feel confident working with and cleaning larger data sets.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire for continual improvement and learning essential
- You will be passionate about bringing about a world where no child suffers from lack of access to safe surgery
- Experience in working with external agencies
- Ability to build queries, run and interpret reports
- Excellent knowledge of data protection legislation
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Experience of using Microsoft Access