The Communications Officer will work within a small dynamic fundraising team and will offer an opportunity to deliver a rich cross-section of communications, marketing and donor relation skills in a leading international development organisation specialising in microfinance. The post-holder will work closely with the Communications manager to create and share high-quality, compelling content to aid brand awareness and income generation for the organisation.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and proactive individual to support the development and delivery of Opportunity International’s communications activities, with a particular focus on growing our online presence with impactful digital content and campaigns.
The candidate will have excellent writing skills, be a confident communicator and an organised self-starter. You will have demonstrable experience of managing a diverse workload and being able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
COMMUNICATIONS AND CONTENT CREATION
- Work with the Communications Manager to collate stories and media for production of marketing materials such as newsletters, annual summary, appeals and donor reports.
- Develop the production of new high-quality, branded materials for external communications (e.g. leaflets, posters, t-shirts, event materials etc). This will involve managing multiple stakeholders (e.g. designers, printers, donor managers).
- Support the Communications Manager with the production of content and creatives for larger media appeals, direct mailings and events.
- Effectively write, edit and proofread copy for different audiences and channels.
- Support the Communications Manager with any new initiatives eg storyboarding new videos, coordinating production of new video or media gathering trips.
- Assist with developing and managing external media relationships and with the drafting of press releases, marketing copy and news stories.
- Manage and work with a freelance digital marketer to improve the optimisation of our digital channels – testing, SEO, adwords, development of lead generation campaigns, and analysing performance data.
- Regularly update the charity’s website with relevant content, and look to improve and optimise where possible.
- Prepare and manage regular compelling content for social media channels (twitter).
- Plan, schedule and write monthly enewsletters for our core supporters and send these out using our email marketing software.
- Manage our YouTube channel, upload videos and create infographics.
- Manage the uploading of new media resources onto a global media database.
- Support the use of the donor database to segment and tailor communications more effectively. Helping to analyse, research and report on what campaigns were effective, and our supporter profile etc.
- As part of the wider team, assist with general administrative duties including, hosting visitors, supporting volunteers, etc. Provide administrative and organisational support on a range of marketing initiatives and events to support the effective communication and fundraising of the organisation.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties to support the operations of the charity.
The role is 1 year fixed term contract (with possibility of extension). For full Job Description and Person Specification please click on additional documents link below.
Please send your CV and Cover letter detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience match our requirements.
We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates and people living with disabilities.
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 11th October 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 19th October 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.