Opportunity International UK is a pioneer and global leader in providing microfinance and training to the working poor. We provide individuals in some of the world’s poorest countries with access to financial services - small loans, savings and business training - so that they can unlock their own potential and better provide for themselves and their families. We are a member of a global network but our focus is Africa.
Opportunity International UK is seeking an experienced philanthropy professional with a passion for excellence and achieving change for people living in poverty. As a member of the senior team, the Head of Philanthropy will provide strategic vision and leadership for the Philanthropy team. The post offers an exciting opportunity to motivate and inspire donors and stakeholders to support our distinctive approach to financial inclusion.
The Head of Philanthropy will lead in implementing the fundraising strategy for private individual giving, with specific focus on developing Opportunity International UK’s relationships with high-net-worth individuals. S/he will also have experience in fundraising from corporations, foundations and individuals, fundraising communications management and donor event organisation, working with a team to deliver ambitious targets.
The Head of Philanthropy will:
- Develop and direct a fundraising strategy and a case for support
- Develop and nurture relationships with high-net-worth individuals
- Manage the Philanthropy team, which includes the Communications Manager
- Influence Opportunity International UK’s strategic direction, planning and decision making as a member of the Senior Management Team
Applicants are expected to have:
- A successful track record of 8 years in a fundraising, income generating or an equivalent business development role
- Senior Management and team leadership experience
- Proven experience with and understanding of the motivation of high-net-worth individuals
- Have persuasive interpersonal and communication skills
Opportunity International offers a competitive salary package in line with comparators in the sector.
We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates and people living with disabilities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.