We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The primary responsibility is to provide financial management services, assurance and monitoring on designated Options’ programmes (FCDO, USAID, Gates Foundation) and will take the lead on programme related financial reporting from Options’ overseas offices and key suppliers.
- There is a team of 3 BAs in Options overseeing the financial management of all Options’ programmes. This is a fundamental role ensuring that Options has robust programme, financial and management accounting processes in place, particularly in Options’ overseas offices;
- The BA receives monthly accounts from Options’ overseas offices. The BA will interrogate, reconcile and validate the financial returns to ensure they meet the robust requirements before being transferred to Options’ accounting system;
- The BA will work closely with the overseas Finance Managers to ensure any discrepancies are resolved;
- The BA will take the lead on any development and capacity building needed for the overseas Finance Managers which will involve overseas travel;
- The BA will prepare financial reports for clients using Options’ reporting standards or client reporting requirements if specified;
- The BA is the main QA for financial reporting to clients, working closely with the programme teams ensuring reports are reconciled with Options’ accounting system;
- The BA will work closely with the Programmes team to ensure client financial requirements are taken into consideration when setting up the financial management structure of each individual programme;
- The BA will provide advice and QA when budgets are created on a rolling basis for programmes;
- The BA will need to be able to understand the technical aspects of the programme to add value to the budgeting process.
- Fully qualified, or close to, CCAB accountant;
- Extensive experience managing donor / client funds within international development, understanding the generic financial regulations that are often in place;
- In depth experience of development programme budgeting;
- Experience of implementing USAID compliant financial and reporting process;
- Excellent financial accounting skills with experience preparing statutory accounts as well as donor / client financial reports such USAID, FCDO and Gates Foundation;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and experience with report writing packages. SUN and Vision Q&A would be beneficial;
- A “can do” and team focused approach is vital.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.