Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of MSI Reproductive Choices. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
The position will work within the New Business and Partnerships team to play a key part in coordinating and managing the business development process. This includes analysing new opportunities, developing and maintaining relationships with partner organisations, and pursuing and managing technical and commercial proposals to secure new business for Options. The BDM also contributes to the implementation of Options’ new business strategy, supporting our approach to new clients, design and innovation, and expansion in new countries. The post holder will act as Options’ Framework Manager on the UK aid-funded International Multi-Disciplinary Programme Framework Contract helping to ensure the smooth running of the framework including reviewing all call-downs and facilitating go / no go decision-making.
- Identification and tracking of new business, including understanding the market and landscape.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Options’ strategy for expanding work with institutional donors, new clients, foundations and in new markets, including developing engagement strategies and supporting aspects of our geographical strategy development and implementation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new clients, consultants, and potential partners.
- Analysis of opportunities, tender documents, potential partners in collaboration with senior Options staff.
- Lead and managed the development of proposals providing support to forming consortia.
- Act as Options’ Framework Manager on the UK aid-funded International Multi-Disciplinary Programme Framework Contract helping to ensure the smooth running of the framework including reviewing all call-downs and facilitating go / no go decision-making, on-going learning and process refinement.
- Along with the rest of the team, seeking ways to improve BD systems and processes to enhance the team’s efficiency and knowledge management.
- Professional qualification or degree in a relevant subject (relevant post graduate qualification in international development or health desirable)
- Extensive experience in business development, resource mobilisation or programme management in international development
- Work in/with developing countries
- Identification and tracking business opportunities
- Supporting the development and contributing to successful proposals for government, foundations and other donors
- Budgeting (using Excel);
- Time management and organisational skills, and an ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build internal and external relationships
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly good editorial and proof-reading skills
- Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to Options’ mission
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid work permit
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.