We are looking for an experienced programme management professional to join the Programmes Resource Unit at Options to provide high quality programme management support across our programmes. The PDO will be responsible for developing and integrating appropriate tools and systems aligned with our approach to project cycle management and providing direct management support for smaller projects.
The Programme Delivery Officer will be focussed on providing support at the programme management level to Options’ large and small programmes, to ensure adherence to high quality programme management. The role will be responsible for developing and integrating appropriate tools and systems that are aligned with our approach to project cycle management. For smaller strategic projects, the role will also provide direct programme management support. The role has four areas of responsibilities:
- Supporting the Programme Delivery Advisors in implementing our project cycle management approach, specifically taking responsibility for developing and refining the programme management toolkit and ensuring this is accessible and appropriate for the diverse project portfolio.
- You will take ownership as the Programme Manager on Options’ small, strategic projects which will be led and managed from the UK, and when needed, be the start-up Programme Manager for larger programmes, handing over to the Programme Team once recruited.
- You will be supporting business development by working closely with our New Business and Partnerships Department and our Department for Design and Innovation; providing programme management inputs to proposal, concept notes, as well as material for external dissemination.
- Providing cross-organisational support by working closely with other departments, management and administrative teams to strengthen operational delivery.
The role will be situated within the Resource Unit of the Programmes Department and work across all programmes as needed. There will be some international travel.
- You will have significant experience of programme management, including in planning, budgeting and programme control, risk management and change management in a relevant project and programme environment.
- Experience managing large, complex, donor funded budgets, contracts and contracting, and experience managing relations between a head office and an internationally based team.
- Excellent knowledge and use of programme management and grant management tools, systems and approaches. Knowledge of international development having worked with a multitude of donors, including FCDO.
- You will have excellent financial management, programme budgeting and management skills with strong Microsoft Excel skills and you will be highly organised, working well under pressure.
- Being fluent in English both spoken and written is essential and fluency in French is desirable, both spoken and written.
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.