We are looking for an experienced, proactive and focused programme management professional to join the newly established Programmes Resource Unit at Options to provide high quality programme management support across our programmes. The PDA is a broad role, ensuring quality standards are achieved throughout the life cycle of programmes, with a focus on operations and grants.
The Programme Delivery Advisor (Operations & Grants) will be focussed on supporting and quality assuring programmes from a programme management perspective, including support to programmes with a grants component. The role has three areas of responsibilities:
- You will be custodian of the Options project cycle management approach, driving continuous quality improvement across the portfolio.
- Supporting the high-quality delivery and facilitation of performance improvement from an Options programme management perspective and providing quality assurance and guidance, mentoring and problem-solving support to the Team Leaders, their Deputies and Programme Management.
- You will be directly supporting programme delivery and business development as required, for example during programme start-ups.
The role will be situated within the Resource Unit of the Programmes Department and work across all programmes as needed. There will be some international travel.
- Our ideal candidate will have a proven history of programme delivery in country or from a head office with relevant experience working in a project and programme department, being involved in the planning, budgeting and programme control, risk and change management.
- You will have experience of contracts and contracting, along with experience of maintaining successful working relationships with partners and consortia members.
- Networking experience to build successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators and consultants, as well as operational experience on programmes e.g. office management, employer of records, registration, IT infrastructure etc.
- You will have the ability to gain in-depth understanding of a programme within a short time frame, influence and inspire others and have highly developed analytical skills which can be deployed in a range of contexts to help you in making excellent judgement calls.
- Ability to travel internationally for up to two weeks at a time is essential. Fluent English both spoken and written is also essential and fluent spoken and written French is desirable.
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.