Of the 253 million people in the world who are blind or visually impaired, 75% have conditions that are preventable or treatable. We screen for and treat eye conditions, raise awareness about eye health, and train and mentor local eye care teams in Africa, Asia and Latin America, where most of those people live.
We do this through our long-term programmes as well as on the Orbis Flying Eye Hospital, a state-of-the-art ophthalmic teaching hospital on board a customised aircraft.
Orbis is seeking to appoint committed Trustees with relevant experience to participate on both the Board and one of the three sub-committees: Programme, Audit, and Fundraising & Communications.
What the role involves:
· Ensuring that Orbis is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
· Ensuring that Orbis is complying with its governing document and the law
· Preparing for and attending Board meetings
· Preparing for and attending sub-committee meetings
· Supporting the Orbis staff team
· Attending occasional evening events
Applications from people with substantial experience in one of the following areas are welcomed; fundraising, digital marketing, legal, financial and PR & media.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Location: Central London
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.