About Orbis UK
Orbis is an international eye care charity that prevents and treats avoidable blindness and visual impairment.
Of the 253 million people in the world who are blind or visually impaired, 75% have conditions that are preventable or treatable. We screen for and treat eye conditions, raise awareness about eye health, and train and mentor local eye care teams in Africa, Asia and Latin America, where most of those people live.
We do this through our long-term programmes as well as on the Orbis Flying Eye Hospital, a state-of-the-art ophthalmic teaching hospital on board a customised aircraft.
You will be joining Orbis UK at an exciting time as we have rapidly grown over the past few years, with our income increasing from under £3M in 2010 to over £8M in 2017. We are also in the midst of an organisational wide digital transformation programme. We are looking to innovate and adapt to ensure we are best placed to succeed in a digital climate. Every member of the organisation is involved in this process and your input will be vital.
About the role
As part of the Public Giving & Engagement Team, the Fundraising Manager (Single Gift Appeals) is responsible for managing Orbis UK’s single gift appeal programme, encompassing acquisition and ongoing retention of single gift donors. This includes developing new, and refining existing, supporter engagement strategies to deepen relationships with supporters and maximise engagement, response and income.
Demonstrating a good mix of creativity, organisation and leadership, you will have significant experience of developing fundraising campaigns with six figure income and five figure expenditure budgets. Focussing on audience segmentation, storytelling and exceptional supporter care, you will prioritise relationship building over a transactional approach to fundraising. And your strong data analysis skills will enable you to base decisions for optimising the programme on solid insight.
A good understanding of fundraising, direct marketing and data protection guidelines and regulations is essential.
Fundraising Manager (Single Gift Appeals)
Public Giving & Engagement (team of Fundraising & Communications)
Head of Public Giving & Engagement
London, UK (near Monument)
Full time, 37.5 hours per week permanent
£35,000 - £37,500 per annum, subject to experience
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Project manage multi-channel fundraising appeals and campaigns to existing and prospective single gift supporters, from planning through to delivery, execution and analysis.
- Identify, research and recommend opportunities to further develop the single gift appeal programme, introduce new products and drive income growth.
- Use insight to develop and roll out engaging supporter journeys to build and maintain strong relationships with supporters, ensure a positive experience, help them to feel part of a community that saves sight, and ultimately maximise income.
- Monitor and analyse appeal/campaign performance and make recommendations to optimise the programme for response, supporter engagement and income.
Benefits of working for Orbis UK
Before completion of probation:
- 22 days holiday plus three days between Christmas and New Year
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- E-learning Courses
- Social Activities
- Access to low cost gym within the building
After completion of probation:
- Matched employer pension contribution up to a maximum of 10% of basic salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
Application and interviews
Closing Date: 9am Monday 28th September
First Interviews: Monday 5th/ Tuesday 6th October
Second Interviews: Friday 9th October
Start Date: Monday 2nd November
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Successful applicants may be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to reply to all applications, so if you haven’t heard from us by Wednesday 30th September, your application has not been successful.
Orbis UK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from any suitably qualified persons. We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of age, race, disability, gender, marital status, religion or faith or sexual orientation.
Safeguarding: Orbis UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records checks.