This organisation supports anonymous recruitment. That means hiding your personal identifying information, removing bias from the hiring process.
High Value Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Develop, maintain and leverage relationships with a portfolio of Orbis UK high value donors, major donors, prospects and senior volunteers (trustees, ambassadors and networkers) through a combination of written and email communication, telephone calls, attendance at events, face to face meetings and field visits.
- Cultivate and steward relationships to personally request high value donations through compelling tailored proposals and events, bringing donors close to our work.
- Support the Head of Philanthropy to deliver a comprehensive stewardship and communications plan to all segments of the major donor portfolio.
- Produce reports and donor correspondence, ensuring provision of appropriate and timely feedback on use of donations.
- Work closely with other members of the Philanthropy and Partnerships Team (Corporate Partnerships and Trusts and Foundations) to maximise the potential of leveraging high value donations to Orbis UK.
- Provide support and stewardship to high value fundraisers, for example London Marathon runners and other event organisers.
Community and events fundraising
- Develop and maintain relationships with our community fundraisers, many of whom are connected to our high value givers.
- Manage our five London Marathon Golden Bond places (we have nine places in 2021). This will include working with the Communications team around materials and social media posts to attract runners, overseeing the administration involved with the places, and the logistics on race day.
- Conduct a scoping exercise and lead on the delivery of two regional events in 2021.
Donor Care & Compliance
- Take responsibility for the ongoing development and management of supporter care correspondence for high value, major donors and community fundraisers ensuring that all donors receive the highest levels of service possible.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of supporter information using Raiser’s Edge, in compliance with GDPR.
- Ensure all Orbis UK high value and community fundraising abides by the Fundraising Regulators Codes of Conduct and all relevant data protection laws.
- Maintain and develop accurate and organised information systems to enable effective targeting of prospects.
- Willingness to work some evenings or weekends.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the issues relating to Orbis UK’s work in order to communicate these effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Adhere to GDPR for the Fundraising Team.
- Contribute to the ongoing organisational wide digital transformation process.
- As a small organisation staff are expected to work as a close team, to be flexible in their approach and to provide support for other areas as necessary.
- To undertake other tasks as delegated by the Head of Philanthropy as necessary for fulfilment of the post.
- Occasional travel abroad may be necessary.
- As a small organisation, staff are expected to work as a close team, to be flexible in their approach and to provide support for other areas as necessary.
- Head of Philanthropy
- Director of Fundraising and Communications
- Partnerships Team (Corporate Partnerships, Trusts and Foundations)
- Fundraising & Communication department
- Finance team
- Database Manager
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Medical Professionals and Orbis Volunteer Faculty members
- Event suppliers
Refreshed on: 26 November 2021
Closing date: 03 December 2021
Job closes in 2 days