About Orbis UK
Orbis is an international eye care charity that prevents and treats avoidable blindness and visual impairment.
Of the 253 million people in the world who are blind or visually impaired, 75% have conditions that are preventable or treatable. We screen for and treat eye conditions, raise awareness about eye health, and train and mentor local eye care teams in Africa, Asia and Latin America, where most of those people live.
We do this through our long-term programmes as well as on the Orbis Flying Eye Hospital, a state-of-the-art ophthalmic teaching hospital on board a customised aircraft.
You will be joining Orbis UK at an exciting time as we have rapidly grown over the past few years, with our income increasing from under £3M in 2010 to over £8M in 2017. This success has been, in large part, due to working closely with our programme teams in the UK and around the world to develop and deliver large scale, community-based eye care programmes, that have resonated with foundation and statutory donors.
About the role
The Senior Trusts Fundraising Officer leads on all our Trusts and Foundations relationships and activities. By delivering excellent and tailored stewardship to existing supporters, and a rolling research plan to ensure the pipeline of opportunities is continually refreshed, this post manages the portfolio of Trusts and Foundations which contributes over £300,000 funding to Orbis UK. This post reports to the Head of Partnerships who has overall responsibility for Corporate Partnerships and Trusts and Foundations Fundraising.
Title: Senior Trusts Fundraising Officer
Department: Fundraising and Communications (team of 20)
Reports to: Head of Partnerships
Location: London, UK (near Monument)
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hours per week permanent
Salary: £28,000- £32,000 per annum (depending on experience)
The main responsibilities of this role include
Deliver first class stewardship and relationship management to Trusts and Foundations donors to maximise the value and length of their support.
- Produce general and bespoke reports (as required) to keep donors updated on the work they are funding.
- Develop a creative strategy to engage Trusts and Foundations to increase income, including tailored communications and timely updates on relevant information.
- Bring an innovative approach to pipeline development, generating new opportunities from a range of sources and approaches.
- Represent Orbis UK externally at meetings, presentations and networking events to raise awareness of our work and increase credibility with potential or current donors.
- Actively engage in identifying opportunities to leverage Trusts and Foundations relationships to maximise high value donations through other income streams.
- Ensure all activity in relation to Trusts and Foundations fundraising, pipeline development and reporting are accurately recorded on Raiser’s Edge, and data management complies with GDPR.
Full details of the job description can be downloaded from our website or Charity Jobs website.
Benefits of working for Orbis UK
Before completion of probation:
- 22 days holiday plus three days between Christmas and New Year
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- E-learning Courses
- Social Activities
- Access to low cost gym within the building
- Flexible working including flex-time
After completion of probation:
- Matched employer pension contribution up to a maximum of 10% of basic salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
Application and interviews
Closing Date: 9am Monday 25th November 2019
First Interviews: Thursday 28th November 2019
Second Interviews: Thursday 5th December 2019
Start Date: ASAP
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Successful applicants may be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to reply to all applications, so if you haven’t heard from us by Friday 29th November, your application has not been successful.
Orbis UK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from any suitably qualified persons. We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of age, race, disability, gender, marital status, religion or faith or sexual orientation.
Safeguarding: Orbis UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records checks.
Application is via curriculum vitae and covering letter to HR Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.