We are recruiting for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Team Manager, with extensive experience of working with adults with a learning disability/autism and complex needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager wanting to further utilise their skills in setting up a new service, recruiting and coaching a new and enthusiastic staff team and embedding high standards from the outset.
You will be managing a brand new supported living service located in vibrant Hackney and consisting of 5 self-contained flats designed to support the skills building needed to increase the independence of people with autism and/or learning disabilities and behaviours of concern. Responding to the Transforming Care agenda this new service is providing a real opportunity for people who may have been in previously unsuitable/unstable housing, or in hospital settings, to have their own flat with support that enables them to thrive and enjoy a good quality of life, as active and valued members of their community.
Outward’s autism and PBS specialist services have a strong reputation across North East London, where we support people to live full and active lives, with support designed around the person’s personal ambitions and choices. Supported by Outward’s Positive Behaviour Support Lead, you will create a culture scaffolded by Positive Behaviour and Active Support values and practice with physical and social environments that are personalised and supportive, teaching people new skills and ways of communicating which reduces behaviours of concern.
About the role
- You will assess new referrals and develop and manage comprehensive transition, move-in, support & risk plans.
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships and partnership approach with families and involved professionals and stakeholders.
- You will develop, coach and mentor a positive and resilient team of support workers and deputies to deliver high quality and personalised support and embed a culture of positive behaviour support.
- You will be responsible for ensuring support is delivered innovatively, flexibly and on a person centred basis to meet the needs and outcomes of the people supported.
- You will be responsible for delivering the service within budget and within expected performance indicators including delivering on outcomes for the people supported
- You will be responsible for ensuring the service is safe, effective, caring, well led, responsive and managed to meet CQC essential standards to a minimum of good service and with aim of achievement of outstanding.
- You will have significant management experience of working in a similar setting.
Ideally you will have as a minimum:
- 3 years’ experience of delivering person centred support to people with a learning disability/autism and complex needs including behaviours of concern.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of managing a service for people with a learning disability/autism and complex needs including behaviours of concern
- You will hold a qualification in Positive Behaviour Support Coaching (BILD accredited), NAPPI level 2 (or equivalent) or a willingness to gain the qualifications within the first 3 months of employment.
- You will be an excellent communicator liaising effectively with key stakeholders including the multi-disciplinary and health professionals, family carers and people we support.
- You will have experience of staff management and the ability to lead, motivate and develop a large team, ensuring staff are appropriately trained. You will be visible in the service and strive to model best practice and inspire support workers.
- You will be able to think creatively and be adaptable in approaches, with experience of implementing emergency management guidance to support staff.
- Experience of carrying out needs assessments and creating support and risk management plans for people with behaviours of concern. And be committed to include the person, and their circle of support at all times.
- The ability to deliver a creative and flexible service that make a positive difference to people’s lives, in accordance with an individual support plans, the service specification and CQC requirements
- A commitment to providing high quality, personalised active support
- You will be organised and have an eye for detail which ensures a consistent, transparent and professional services that people we support and professionals can depend on.
- You will be able to easily interpret and apply policy into practice, including principles and practices of safeguarding adults at risk, budget management, Mental Capacity Act.
- Leading by example, you will uphold the rights of people we support to be involved at all levels of decision making.
- You will share our values and passion to engage, enable and empower people with autism or a learning disability to lead the lives they want.
- Knowledge of managing a budget is desirable
Outward has a comprehensive selection of benefits including:
- 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
- Blue Light Card
Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care. Our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
How to Apply
If you think you meet the requirements of the role then please submit an application by following the link below:
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.