AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN EXPERIENCED CAMP LEADER/CAMP DIRECTOR
Over the Wall is a fun, forward-thinking and creative UK charity that has been actively transforming the lives of seriously ill children, and their families, for more than 20 years. Our free-of-charge programmes are designed to address the isolation and sense of being different that affects quality of life for children living with serious illness.
An active member of the SeriousFun network, we differ from other camps owing to our programmes being run from geographically different leased premises throughout the UK. We are however likely to take occupancy of our own permanent site in 2025.
We strive to be an employer of choice and were recently awarded an OUTSTANDING grade by OFSTED, for the quality of our services to and safeguarding of children. We are constantly seeking to improve and wish to recruit an experienced individual to lead a small but talented team to develop and scale-up our residential programmes in 2024 and 2025.
Our departing Camp Director is a US citizen who, after two years with us, has been offered a role as Camp Director at another SeriousFun camp in the US. We are therefore looking to offer a two-year contract for this role with immediate effect.
Job title: CAMP DIRECTOR
Hours: Full time, variable hours at camp but otherwise 35 hours per week.
Location: England (Southeast and Midlands) + home working.
Salary: £38 - £47K Per Annum.
Timescale: Closing Date 8th December 2023/January 2024 Shortlisting, Interviews and Selection
Main responsibilities: (see Job Description for full details)
· Work with Clinical & Recruitment Director to plan and deliver fun, safe, effective, and innovative residential programmes.
· Manage all aspects of camp preparation and delivery including staff and volunteer management whilst at camp.
· Create clear team and personal objectives with timescales.
· Put in place an effective evaluation and quality monitoring processes to ensure outcomes are met.
· Manage performance.
· Develop successor/s.
Person specification/ Requirements (see Person Specification for full details)
· Minimum of 3 years in a leadership role at a residential activity camp.
· Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and managing critical incidents.
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent work and management experience).
· Successful team leader.
· 25 days + Xmas break + 8 public holidays paid leave.
· 6% Employer pension contribution.
· Support with acquiring additional management qualifications.
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion
We actively encourage applications from the broad spectrum of diversity reflected in our beneficiaries, both in terms of visible and non-visible characteristics. We aim to ensure that regardless of where you are in our community, any difference you have is valued.
We are committed to Safer Recruitment. We REQUIRE a minimum of two professional and independent reference checks, with one of the reference checks being the last or current employer. We will make verbal contact with your referees.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Kevin Mathieson, CEO.