LOCATION: Home-based, with occasional visits to HQ
Overcoming MS (OMS) is the world's leading multiple sclerosis healthy lifestyle charity.
We share the evidence behind the OMS program focussing on the everyday practical things that people can do to improve their health and quality of life. This includes following a plant-based diet, supplementing with vitamin D, exercising and using stress management techniques articulated in the OMS program.
We aim to inform, support and empower everyone affected by MS to lead a full and healthy life. We provide information, including webinars and OMS podcast. Our OMS Circles are a supportive worldwide volunteer group network. We campaign and fund open access to research into how lifestyle influences MS.
MS is a complex neurological condition that currently has no cure. It is estimated that some 2.8 million people are living with MS around the globe, with the disease more common in the ‘Western world’. It affects people in the prime of their lives, aged between 20-40 years old, and affects three times as many women as men. In the UK alone, there are around 130,000 people living with MS, and a further 6,700 diagnosed each year.
OMS has entered an exciting new chapter in the charity’s evolution having launched a new strategy ‘Find Realistic Hope and a Full Life, Find OMS’ .We want to become even more visible, accessible, energetic, vocal, collaborative and impactful. The new Head of Digital will join us at a pivotal moment in our organisation’s journey, as we seek to embed our new digital programmes, begin to capitalise on opportunities to scale and expand our work across the globe.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to take the next step in their professional career. As our brand-new Head of Digital you will lead Overcoming MS’ digital agenda, providing a strategic steer and an operational oversight of our digital projects portfolio, our digital content and engagement activity and plan for new projects in line with the OMS community needs and the fundraising strategy.
You will provide strategic direction for and manage a small and dynamic Digital team and will work with the OMS Senior Leadership Team to ensure we achieve demonstrable impact in the digital space and across our digital, content and data related projects that underpin our organisational strategy.
You will be a talented digital leader who is deeply committed to making the most of digital technologies so they can best meet the needs of people and communities. You will be a digitally innovative and creative individual, who thrives in a fast moving and dynamic workplace. You have an ability to come up with, try, test and implement new digital ideas and tools.
One of the top priorities initially will be the completion of our data and CRM (MS Dynamics) related programme of work. The ability to work with 3rd party suppliers will also be key in the day-to-day aspect of the Head of Digital role.
As Head of Digital, you will enable and support the implementation of our data, digital and content projects, and ensure that our focus on digital developments help deliver our overarching strategic plan.
You will work with your team and the OMS leadership colleagues to ensure that we have adequate resources allocated to large and small projects and can reassign as timelines shift, prioritising where necessary. Working with the digital and data team you will ensure progress and process is transparent to stakeholders throughout the lifespan of the projects.
- Data (35%)
- Enable the completion of MS Dynamics implementation making sure the wider OMS team is upskilled to make the best use of the system.
- Oversee the implementation of our data management roadmap, making sure our processes for data capture in key business areas are optimised.
- Oversee data analysis function and its ongoing development so that OMS grows into a data-driven charity.
- Oversee the relationship with our external supplier(s).
- Digital development, content and marketing (45%)
- Lead the digital engagement team to ensure the OMS digital development programme is prioritised, agreed projects delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and our external digital suppliers to accurately scope future digital solutions, researching best answers, platforms, tools and technology to meet the organisation’s objectives through community engagement and user testing.
- Ensure the digital engagement strategy is effective and responsive to the evolving needs of the OMS community, drawing in volunteer and specialist contributor input to content production, campaigns and appeals.
- Ensure our content strategy makes the best use of all appropriate channels to reach our priority audiences, and results in high quality customer journeys.
- Oversee the development of appropriate documentation that underpins successful, well-scoped and estimated projects with measurable success criteria and user requirements fully scoped.
- Ensure all digital projects are implemented to our agreed project management process that ensures we consistently deliver projects which are of a high-quality and within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Oversee the work of our digital suppliers making sure the relationship is positive, productive and collaborative.
- Strategy and leadership (20%)
- You will be a member of the OMS Leadership Team, comprised of the CEO, Head of Programmes, Head of Fundraising and our US-based special projects lead, contributing to strategic planning and delivery.
- You will oversee all digital risk across our infrastructure including data and cyber security.
- You will contribute to annual business planning and budgeting exercises making sure our resource planning is effective.
- You will keep abreast of digital technology trends and developments, bringing back helpful intelligence to the team and identifying new opportunities.
For further details pertaining to this role, please review the attached Job Description.
Application is by way of CV and a Supporting Statement (no more than 3 sides of A4) which should highlight your interest in the role, along with your relevant skills and experience, with specific examples outlined against the role requirements.
All applications to be submitted via Charity Job only.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.