Digital Product Manager
Overcoming MS (OMS) is the world's leading multiple sclerosis healthy lifestyle charity.
We share the evidence behind the OMS program focussing on the everyday practical things that people can do to improve their health and quality of life. This includes following a plant-based diet, supplementing with vitamin D, exercising, and using stress management techniques.
We aim to inform, support, and empower everyone affected by MS to lead a full and healthy life. We provide information, including webinars and the OMS podcast. Our OMS Circles are a supportive worldwide volunteer group network. We campaign and fund open access to research into how lifestyle influences MS.
About the role
One of the key roles in the digital team is the Digital Product Manager. This role is responsible for our digital products, ensuring our app, podcast, website, CRM and other digital products are working in the right way for our community. You will help the team to evaluate and understand our digital requirements and lead the work to define, implement, test and accept the outputs of external agencies.
- Think strategically, valuing both big change and incremental improvements
- Use data-driven, evidence-based decision making
- Focus on collaboration, celebrating success as a team
- Strong ability to influence the internal team and external suppliers
- Inspire the team with energy and passion
What you’ll do
Understand our community’s digital needs
- Gain a deep understanding of our community’s digital experience, identify and fill digital product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth in engagement and in audience
- Define digital user journey funnels, define and collect key metrics, and analyse user behaviour to make informed product decisions
- Work on user flows, wireframes, and prototypes, where needed, all informed by user and market research
- Use analysis to drive constant improvement.
Manage our community’s digital product requirements
- Product and project manage our app, our podcast, our website technical changes, our CRM database improvements, and other digital projects as they arise
- Working with different teams to support the creation and iteration of digital products to meet our community’s needs
- Establish the product development strategy for digital products that complements our charity’s vision and solves on solving community challenges and problems
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver change with the support of our external agencies
- Work closely with external suppliers to deliver products that delight end-users
Digital Product Project management
- Understand high-level requirements and split these into user stories that can be achieved in a single sprint.
- Effectively influence external partners to ensure initiatives are delivered to high quality, on time, and within budgets.
- Complete trade-off analysis, where needed, to stay on track
- Participate in early testing, where needed, to validate progress
- Reporting progress and plans to the leadership team
- Define and clearly communicate a prioritised roadmap that implements the development of our organisational strategy
- Own and shape the digital project management approach
- Where digital products are in a business as usual phase, you will work to ensure that they are operating as expected
- Ensure digital products are kept up-to-date, working with the support of the CRM team and Digital Content Manager, as needed.
Testing and analysis
- Lead AB testing for email marketing projects, for the website, and other projects as needed to improve conversion rates – using tools like HotJar and Google Optimize.
- Help to bring a test and learn approach into the organisation
- Take the lead in developing the reporting and analysis that demonstrates the results from digital activities.
Passion for digital
- Keep up to date on industry best practice, latest trends, and progression in the digital solutions
Supporting the broader team
- Provide mentoring and coaching others in the team, as needed.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes:
• A proven track record of managing digital products / projects / programmes which create value for end-users
• Experience in rolling out new digital programs and evaluating existing programs
• Significant experience in working with 3rd party providers to create solutions that work for the target audience
• Strong working knowledge and experience in digital solutions
• Excellent organisational, planning, prioritisation and time management skill with an ability to work to deadlines and change priorities when needed
• Expertise in using and implementing relevant project management methodologies and tools
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident in Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
• Excellent understanding of AB testing to maximise conversion rates
• Experience in using tools like HotJar and Google Optimize.
• Strong analysis skills
• Ability to proactively mitigate risks and overcome barriers to implementing solutions
• Demonstrable track record of building lasting professional relationships
• A passion for innovation, an open mind, and a willingness to learn and grow
• Excellent eye for detail, works to deliver high quality of work.
• An understanding of the charity sector, or an interest in charities would be a bonus.
This role is remote and the successful candidate needs to be able to travel to London and other central locations approximately once per month.
For the right candidate, we would consider the role to be either 4 or 5 days per week.
In your application, please let us know:
- Your current salary and desired salary (if you are successful in getting the role)
- Your notice period
- Your current location.
We are an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We make hiring decisions based on merit. If you fill most or all of the requirements, please apply!
We will start shortlisting as soon as we receive applications, so please apply as soon as possible.
No agency contact, please.
In your application, please let us know:
1. Your current salary and desired salary (if you are successful in getting the role)
2. Your notice period
3. Your current location.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.