OMS is looking for an interim Digital Engagement Manager for an immediate start, while we recruit someone into the permanent role.
If you are keen to make a difference to our community by creating engaging and compelling content, which aligns to our strategy and goals.
Overcoming MS (OMS) is the world's leading multiple sclerosis healthy lifestyle charity.
We share the evidence behind the OMS program focussing on the everyday practical things that people can do to improve their health and quality of life. This includes following a plant-based diet, supplementing with vitamin D, exercising and using stress management techniques.
We aim to inform, support and empower everyone affected by MS to lead a full and healthy life. We provide information, including webinars and the OMS podcast. Our OMS Circles are a supportive worldwide volunteer group network. We campaign and fund open access to research into how lifestyle influences MS.
About the role
In your role, you will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in the OMS team, members of our OMS community and other stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive and creative approach to our digital content. If you have experience of successfully managing digital projects, we look forward to hearing from you.
As Digital Engagement Manager, you will support the implementation of digital for the charity. You will be responsible for a variety of initiatives, campaigns and appeals across our digital channels and work alongside the Digital Content Manager. You will be able to advise and identify innovative digital solutions that meet both OMS and the Community’s needs. The areas you will work in will include:
1. Digital Projects
2. Digital Engagement
3. Digital Content support
● Proven experience in creating engaging online communications via email and on the web
● Previous experience of using a website content management system (CMS) and an email tool (MailChimp or similar).
● Experience of creating reports and using analytical software such as Google Analytics (desired)
● Proven experience of leading and managing digital projects
Skills and Knowledge
● Strong organisational skills – ability to run a range of simultaneous digital projects.
● Used to working at pace and prioritising a number of different tasks.
● Strong understanding of digital metrics.
● Excellent written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
● Ability to champion and use the lived experience of people on the OMS Program
● Computer literate and confident learning new programs and software.
● Excellent technical skills in using/navigating/supporting websites and social media channels.
● Strong eye for design.
● A thorough approach to work and an eye for detail.
● Positive and upbeat energy.
● Highly creative.
● Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
● Highly self-motivated and determined.
● Able to work independently and as part of a team.
● Creative problem-solver.
● Empathetic and understanding nature.
This interim role is primarily home-based with occasional travel to Thame and London. We are also recruiting for a permanent role.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please attach a covering letter, including answering the following questions:
1/ Why you are suitable for this role (please include the digital channels you have previously managed, which CMS you have previously used)
2/ Your place of residence
3/ Your willingness to work in a mostly remote role with occasional travel
5/ Your earliest possible start date
6/ Whether you would also like to be considered for the permanent role with the same scope.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.