OMS is the world’s leading MS lifestyle charity. We are a young, unique and dynamic organisation bringing fresh hope to the MS community both in the UK and around the world. Established in 2012, we’ve been raising awareness of the OMS 7 Step Recovery Programme, a scientifically researched, evidence-based approach to MS management that has been shown to improve health outcomes through diet and lifestyle changes.
You will be joining us at exciting new chapter in the charity’s evolution with committed, passionate and experienced colleagues, as we gear up for launching a new strategy with primary focus on empowering people with MS to transform their lives. We want to become even more visible, energetic, vocal, collaborative and impactful. The new Head of Programmes will join us at a pivotal moment in our organisation’s journey, as we seek to embed our new digital programmes, begin to capitalise on opportunities to scale and expand our work.
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive and personable individual who is able to think strategically and out of the box, who can deliver operationally and set an example to others proactively championing the following principles that underpin our work:
- Organisational excellence (agile, efficient, proactive, credible)
- People-centric (active community engagement)
- Digital and accessible (dynamic web platform)
- Working towards sustainable and diverse funding sources.
The new Head of Programmes will contribute to the successful implementation of our new business strategy through effective design and delivery of projects and programmes across our 4 key strategic areas of focus, to:
- Inform and educate people with MS, their families and key stakeholders about the OMS recovery programme, raising awareness of its benefits and enabling access to it by diverse MS communities across the globe
- Build our community engagement programme to inspire hope, ensuring it is supportive, accessible and responsive to the needs of people living with MS
- Advocate for change by empowering people with MS to influence Healthcare Professionals and demonstrate how a holistic lifestyle approach can help prevent future health challenges
- Grow collaborative partnerships that showcase how the OMS programme is underpinned by world-class research and enable holistic lifestyle approaches to become the norm in treatment.
- You will oversee existing and help shape our new programmes of activity, undertaking necessary research and contextual analysis, setting up required implementation, monitoring and reporting infrastructure.
- You will help design and ensure successful delivery of specific projects that drive our community engagement and growth in our outreach internationally.
- You will lead the development of new projects and programmes that enhance our digital information platforms, build our profile, advocacy, campaigning, and awareness raising activities so that the voice of people with MS and their families is heard.
- You will lead on designing monitoring and evaluation systems for our projects and programmes, enabling us to capture robustly the evidence of our impact.
- You will lead a small team, including our volunteer resource, setting clear objectives and expectations, providing support and development opportunities.
- You will help build strategic and operational collaborative partnerships that add value to our work and enable lifestyle change interventions to become mainstream in healthcare settings.
- You will identify, assess, and manage potential or existing financial, operational, regulatory, reputational and health and safety risks across the organisation.
- You will support our fundraising activity by providing evidence of the effectiveness of our projects, programmes and partnerships.
We anticipate that as the person who is the perfect fit for this exciting role;
- A strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector and healthcare systems, in the UK, and ideally also – internationally.
- You will have significant experience of overseeing digital projects and implementation of digital tools designed to engage and support diverse audiences (e.g. website development, managing information systems, embedding CRM, setting up online events).
- You will bring strong experience of working with and supporting volunteers.
- You will have a good understanding of regulatory and best practice requirements in safeguarding – working with people with a medical condition.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent presenter of information with outstanding analytical skills.
- Energy, tenacious and are a self-motivating individual.
- Ability to work on own initiative and thrive as a team player.
- Ability to develop and coach others to fulfil their potential as an effective and experienced leader and line manager.
- You are motivated by making a positive impact on the lives of people living with a progressive illness.
Please review the role description for a full list of responsibilities, experience, skills and attributes entailed for this role.
As our new Head of Programmes, you will play a central role as part of the OMS team, working alongside the Chief Executive Officer and our Head of Fundraising, and will be instrumental in the successful delivery of our projects and programmes.
If this sounds like the dynamic you and you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 3 sides of A4), which should highlight your interest in the role, along with your relevant skills and experience, with specific examples, to be sent no later than 5 pm (BST) on 28th October 2020.
If you’d like to discuss the role further, please contact Grazina on +4 4 (0) 1 8 4 4 3 1 8 7 7 8.
Overcoming MS will begin screening candidates shortly after the closing date, with shortlisted candidates round of interviews taking place w/c 2nd November 2020 and with final interviews scheduled for the following week on 19th and 20th November via Zoom.