OMS is the world’s leading MS lifestyle charity. We are a young, unique and dynamic organisation bringing fresh hope to the MS community both in the UK and around the world. Established in 2012, we’ve been raising awareness of the OMS Programme, a scientifically researched, evidence-based approach to MS management that has been shown to improve health outcomes through diet and lifestyle changes.
You will be joining us at exciting new chapter in the charity’s evolution with committed, passionate and experienced colleagues, as we gear up for launching a new strategy with primary focus on empowering people with MS to transform their lives. We want to become even more visible, energetic, vocal, collaborative and impactful.
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive and personable individual who is able to think strategically and out of the box, who can deliver operationally and set an example to others proactively championing the following principles that underpin our work:
- Organisational excellence (agile, efficient, proactive, credible)
- People-centric (active community engagement)
- Digital and accessible (dynamic web platform)
- Working towards sustainable and diverse funding sources.
To raise unrestricted and restricted income, primarily from UK trusts and foundations. There is also scope to develop our international funding opportunities particularly in the USA and Australia
As part of a small team, there are also opportunities for this role to provide support in the development of Overcoming MS individual major donor fundraising.
As our Trusts and Major Gifts Fundraising Manager, you will be primarily focused on raising income in England and Wales, as well as Scotland where Overcoming MS has become newly registered. There are opportunities to scope and develop international funding in Australia and USA.
This role will also support the Head of Fundraising and CEO in the development of Overcoming MS individual major donor fundraising. For example, this can include leading on legacy marketing, supporting our individual giving direct mail programme, and facilitating major donor cultivation events (online and offline).
Trusts Fundraising (80%)
- Develop and manage an annual plan for trusts and foundations to maximise unrestricted and restricted funding.
- Carry out regular prospect research to identify bidding opportunities to significantly increase the number of trust donors and level of grants.
- Nurture and steward relationships with prospective, previous and existing grant funders
- Support the reporting, monitoring and evaluation of projects, help to improve our impact assessment, and develop compelling cases for support.
- Complete excellent written funding applications, which are targeted and fully costed and secure significant income from this source.
General Major Donor Fundraising (20%)
- Legacy fundraising lead, plan, develop and deliver legacy fundraising strategies.
- Supporting individual giving development e.g. direct mail appeals, prospect research on high-net worth individuals, and actively stewarding mid-level donors
- To undertake other fundraising responsibilities as reasonably requested, such as supporting major donor event preparation and on the day support.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- At least two years’ experience of trust and/or major donor fundraising in the non-profit sector
- Project and/or account management, including monitoring and evaluation
- Personal track record of achieving income of at least 5-figure targets
- Experience of using a customer relationship management database
- Knowledge of trust fundraising
- Knowledge of major gifts
- Degree or equivalent higher education qualification
- Fundraising or other relevant qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal & stakeholder management skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Positive professional approach
- Flexible, resilient and target driven
- Team player
Please review the job description for a full list of responsibilities, experience, skills and attributes entailed for this role.
As our new Trusts and Major Gifts Fundraising Manager, you will play a central role as part of the OMS team, supporting the Head of Fundraising and the Chief Executive Officer and will be instrumental in the successful delivery of our trusts and major gifts.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and a supporting statement (no more than 3 sides of A4 - which should highlight your interest in the role, along with your relevant skills and experience) via this job link on Charity Jobs no later than 5 pm (UK) on 25th June 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.