Fixed Term Contract (Maternity cover 14 months)
Salary: £34,988 - £41,574 per annum
Location: Southwark, London
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank. We work to inspire people to act on injustice and inequality. Through research, convening and influencing, we generate ideas that matter for people and planet.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to play a key role within the Institute. Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive, and under the guidance of the Company Secretary and Legal Counsel, the Governance Specialist will provide informed support to the Chair and Board of Trustees of ODI in the execution of their duties.
The post supports to the maintenance and coordination of ODI’s corporate policies, risk management processes, strategy and planning, and works closely with the Executive Assistant in supporting the Chief Executive and senior management to ensure the effective management of the organisation.
You will have:
- Proven experience of administration at a senior level.
- Compliance or legal experience or knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory environment.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced organisation, often with conflicting priorities.
- Experience of managing complex and inter-related processes in a demanding environment.
- Relationship building at a senior level and with external stakeholders, where confidentiality is paramount.
- The ability to manage a complex work programme independently.
- Writing, editing and proofing skills to a high standard.
- Minute-taking and IT skills to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Self-motivated; able to take the lead within guidelines, with a can-do attitude.
- The ability to respond effectively to quickly changing circumstances.
- Demonstrates good analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Knowledge of NGOs and/or voluntary organisations.