Oxfam Broughty Ferry– Evening Closing Volunteer
Oxfam Broughty Ferry is looking for a Evening Closing Volunteer to help open the shop in the evenings.
You will be working with the Shop Manager and given relevant training as required, to enable you to help run this busy shop. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a retail environment.
Oxfam’s network of over 650 shops is run by 23,000 volunteers and shop managers. Through the sale of donated goods and new products the shops contribute millions of pounds each year to help fund Oxfam’s crucial work.
The role involves the following:
- Closing the shop
- Taking responsibility for your shift
- Working with a volunteer team
- Being polite and friendly with good customer service skills
- Using a computerised till system that has a barcode scanner
- Cash handling, financial management, till work, merchandising and general administrative tasks
- Pricing donated goods
- An enthusiasm for Oxfam’s work and helping others get involved
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Good written skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, reliability, integrity and commitment
- Hard working and a willingness to learn
- Able to work well in a team
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Giving time to make a difference
- This is an opportunity to help Oxfam’s mission of achieving a just world without poverty
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s policy
- This would enhance your CV
- Gain experience working for a non-profit charity organisation
No experience required & full training will be given
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.