Oxfam Lochee – Fashion Expert Volunteer
Oxfam Lochee is looking for someone who is interested in sustainable fashion. Fast fashion clothes are produced in high volume which means a high cost to our planet, the textiles industry accounts for more carbon emissions than international aviation and shipping combined. Clothes are produced cheaply which often means low wages and poor working conditions for garment workers.
People have been reusing and reselling clothes with Oxfam since it opened in 1947 and in 1974, Oxfam opened the first sorting and recycling centre, Wastesaver, which still thrives today.
Oxfam’s network of over 650 shops is run by 23,000 volunteers and shop managers. Through the sale of donated goods and new products the shops contribute millions of pounds each year to help fund Oxfam’s crucial work.
The role involves the following:
- Receiving donations, sorting, valuing, and pricing goods within our clothing department
- Identifying and value fashionable and saleable goods from donated stock
- An enthusiasm for Oxfam’s work and helping others get involved
- Ability to work within the Oxfam’s guidelines & values
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, reliability, integrity and commitment
- An interest in fashion and retail
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Giving time to make a difference
- This is an opportunity to help Oxfam’s mission of achieving a just world without poverty
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s policy
- This would enhance your CV
- Gain experience working for a non-profit charity organisation
No experience required & full training will be given
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.