Oxfam Lochee – ONLINE SHOP VOLUNTEER
Oxfam Lochee is looking for someone who would like to gain valuable experience in e-commerce and selling online or maybe you have a specific knowledge or passion for a niche product to help with the online shop. There are many reasons why you could become an Online Shop Volunteer.
Everyday hundreds of donated items are listed by Oxfam volunteers from all over the country; such as one-off collectables, vintage wedding dresses, vinyl and second-hand fashion. Oxfam has had an online shop since 2007 and has over 1000,000 items to choose from.
Oxfam’s network of over 650 shops is run by 23,000 volunteers and shop managers. Through the sale of donated goods and new products the shops contribute millions of pounds each year to help fund Oxfam’s crucial work.
The role involves the following:
- Researching prices of donated goods and writing creative and detail descriptions to make them attractive for the customer
- Photographing the items to make them appealing and adding them to the listings
- Listing products via our online selling tool
- Organising the package and despatching of sold items
- An enthusiasm for Oxfam’s work and helping others get involved
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Good written skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, reliability, integrity and commitment
- Hard working and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work within the Oxfam's guidelines and values
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Giving time to make a difference
- This is an opportunity to help Oxfam’s mission of achieving a just world without poverty
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s policy
- This would enhance your CV
- Gain experience working for a non-profit charity organisation
No experience required & full training will be given
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.