Oxfam Broughty Ferry – Saturday Morning Volunteer
Oxfam Broughty Ferry is looking for a Volunteer for Saturday mornings to join their team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about fashion, films, homewares and Oxfam’s values.
This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a vibrant Oxfam Shop. You will be working with the Shop Manager and given relevant training as required. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a retail environment.
Oxfam’s network of over 650 shops is run by 23,000 volunteers and shop managers. Through the sale of donated goods and new products the shops contribute millions of pounds each year to help fund Oxfam’s crucial work.
The role involves the following:
- Working with a volunteer team
- Helping to open the shop for the public
- Being polite and friendly with good customer service skills
- Using a computerised till system that has a barcode scanner
- Cash handling, till work and merchandising
- Packing and wrapping purchases
- Option to specialise in a particular department, e.g. toys, clothing
- Tidying the shop floor when not busy
- Pricing donated goods
- An enthusiasm for Oxfam’s work and helping others get involved
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Good written skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, reliability, integrity and commitment
- Hard working and a willingness to learn
- Able to work well in a team
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Giving time to make a difference
- This is an opportunity to help Oxfam’s mission of achieving a just world without poverty
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s policy
- This would enhance your CV
- Gain experience working for a non-profit charity organisation
No experience required & full training will be given
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.