OXFAM STORRINGTON – LEAD VOLUNTEER
(18+ ONLY PLEASE)
In Oxfam Storrington we're dedicated to fighting poverty and inequality. Through the sales of donated goods and our ethical range of new products, Sourced by Oxfam, our shops raise millions of pound each year to fund our crucial work to end the injustice of poverty.
Why do we need you?
Our shops would not be able to raise crucial funds for Oxfam’s emergency and development work all over the world without our dedicated volunteers, who provide their time and bring multitude of skills. In return, we offer personal development, valuable insight into charity retail and a friendly environment to meet new people.
*We've developed a comprehensive training programme to give you all the skills and support you need to lead the team. No experience necessary. *
We can be very flexible around parenting / caring / health / employment / education and any other commitments you have. Some travel and lunch expenses can be covered too.
We are looking for a Lead Volunteer for any of the following days:
*Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Friday /Saturday*
We want to hear from you if you are:
· Reliable and honest
· Willing to learn new skills
· Interested in working with a team
As a lead volunteer, you will assist the shop manager in leading, managing and planning for the development of a shop team. You may be involved in:
· Opening & closing the shop
· Daily admin & accountancy tasks
· Supervising volunteers and ensuring safeguarding and health and safety policies are adhered
· Monitoring performance & training the team
· Promoting our exciting sustainable fashion campaigns such as ‘Second-Hand September’
· Maximising the income from donations, Sourced by Oxfam, and Gift Aid.
· Supervisory training and experience can really improve your CV and career prospects
Tempted? Then please click apply!
Vacancy location: Oxfam Storrington | 28 High Street, Storrington, RH20 4DU
Our shop complies with Covid-19 guidance and we aim to keep everyone safe with thorough cleaning and welfare procedures. We aim to reply to applications within two working days. If you haven’t heard from us, please check your spam folder.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.