Our shops will soon be allowed to open and there are going to be lots of people eager to browse, shop & donate!
However, we urgently need Super Shop Staff to ensure we can actually open the Southfields & Wimbledon Village Shops. If you love charity shop shopping, interacting with others, creating beautiful displays, unpacking books, organising things or having a good tidy then this could be the role for you!
You don’t need to give a lot of time to make a big impact. A few hours can make a massive difference to the smooth running of our shops.
Although we are particularly keen to hear from those who are available on Saturdays we welcome applications for any day of the week!
We would not be able to raise crucial funds for Oxfam’s emergency and development work all over the world without our dedicated volunteers, who provide their time and bring a multitude of skills.
In return, we offer personal development, valuable insight into charity retail and a friendly environment to meet new people. You can watch our volunteering video on YouTube (search Oxfam Shop Volunteer).
Depending on the needs of the shop and your interests, you may be involved in the following:
- Using the shop’s guidelines to sort and price donated clothes, books, homewares etc
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Creating attractive displays.
- Promoting our Gift Aid scheme.
- Listing items on Oxfam’s Online Shop.
- Promoting our shops to the local community through social media.
- We welcome applications from those who want to work on the shop floor offering amazing customer service as well as those who may prefer to beaver away in the back hunting for treasure!
You do not need specific skills and experience but the following would be useful:
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness.
- Ability to work within Oxfam’s policies and shop guidelines.
- An interest in retail and customer service.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Willingness to learn.
Both of these shops are over two floors so an ability to cope with stairs would be useful. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss accessibility.
We reimburse local travel and lunch expenses, in line with Oxfam policy.
Training provided in line with current government guidelines.
Masks, gloves and hand sanitiser are provided.
Distancing measures & cleaning regimes in place.
Oxfam does not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may enquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to DBS checks (at no expense to you).
You can find out more information about safeguarding policies on our website.
We will provide you with ongoing support and training throughout your volunteering journey, including:
- A full induction
- Health and Safety
- Role specific e.g. till, Gift Aid, Oxfam Online Shop
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.