Sunday Volunteer Retail Shift Leader Books and Music shop
Are you looking for team leading experience, and live in or near to Bishops Stortford? You may be passionate about helping to end extreme global poverty, simply searching for a new and interesting challenge or intending to build your CV with additional transferable skills.
You can turn your passion into action with this interesting Sunday Volunteer shift lead volunteer role.
You could join our new Oxfam shop volunteer team at our new Books and Music shop opening at the end of July 2019 at 3-5a North Street.
- Joining the welcoming volunteer team as a Sunday Volunteer Retail Shift Lead you will be the focal point for customer service, once trained.
- You will be joining a diverse, friendly and committed team who understand Oxfam’s values of empowerment, inclusiveness and accountability.
- Ideally you will be able to offer to cover at least one 4 hour shift on a flexible basis every Sunday from 11am-3pm with more hours available during the week by arrangement.
What skills will I need?
- A basic awareness of health and safety in a retail environment or willing to undertake training
- Reliability and ability to recruit support for processes as laid out in the shop's guidelines
- Ability to work well within a team and to volunteer within Oxfam's values
- This role might involve supervision of volunteers who are under 18. You may therefore be required to agree to an enhanced DBS check.
Will I receive training?
A comprehensive induction,training for the role and ongoing support will be given, so no experience necessary for this opportunity to gain an insight into the retail processes involved with this successful charity shop. Any previous supervisory experience will always be welcomed, although not essential.
- The chance to gain valuable experience in retail.
- The opportunity to gain and or improve your project management, customer service, leadership, team working and management skills, whilst either building your CV or taking on a new project in your retirement.
- Local travel and lunch expenses can be covered in line with Oxfam’s expense policy.
- Flexible commitment to suit your lifestyle
- A comprehensive induction, ongoing training and support for your new role
- Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits and a separate kitchen area to relax at the dining table during your break
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of others through your valued gift of time
- You will be joining thousands of Oxfam volunteers who 'won't live with poverty'
- References can be provided to future employers
- NVQ Retail Skills diplomas training available for all applicants who meet the required criteria
If you would like more information please do get in touch we would love to hear from you. Applications will be considered as they are received, thank you.