Job Title: Service Manager – Full Time - Permanent
Job Description: Responsibility for the operation of the wood waste collection service at Oxford Wood Recycling (OWR)in fulfilment of customer service contracts and meeting annual performance targets.
Person specification: Oxford Wood Recycling is a well-established social enterprise and a charity. This role is suited to a person who seeks to join a values-led environmental organisation with a strong social and environmental mission. This person will be highly motivated to see the collections service, the collections team and OWR as a whole, reach their full potential.
The Service Manager role demands good leadership and organisational skills and experience preferably developed in a customer service and/or logistics environment, where there is particular attention required for the Health and Safety of staff and public.
The role may also suit someone wishing to transfer from the corporate to the third sector.
Reports to: CEO
- Management of the collections diary and staff rota.
- Set and meet challenging monthly sales targets for wood waste collections.
- Set and meet challenging targets for wood recovery from waste.
- Operate the recording of data in line with company systems and processes.
- Lead on making daily sales of wood waste collections via customer enquiries.
- Make site and sales visits as required to build customer relationships, to feed the sales pipeline and to provide estimates for commercial and domestic collections.
- Co-ordinate with the Wood Shed Manager to utilise volunteers, interns and apprentices for OWR collection needs and office support needs as appropriate and in line with our social mission.
- Provide assistance with personnel to maintain operational staffing levels across the company, including cover for wood order deliveries, and for annual leave.
- Maintain and build the relationship with Community Wood Recycling. Provide data and record data for administrators for Impact reporting to Community Wood Recycling.
- Maintain supplier relationships as they affect operational activities, vehicle and equipment suppliers and repairers.
Health and Safety
• To assist and supervise the Health and Safety Officer to implement and supervise Health and Safety Policy including safe working practices on and off –site and including the safe loading and unloading vehicles, and the safety of staff, volunteers and members of the public.
- Management of the collections team, including provision of line management.
- OWR employs some of its benficiaries, some of whom manage health conditions. The Service Manager works with other members of the Senior Leadership team to support staff to remain at work whilst maintaining service levels and arranging cover for sickness.
- To assist the Business Administration Manager with the recruitment of Collections staff, including ensuring compliance, work contracts and induction.
- To ensure that collections staff are appropriately trained and certificated.
- To act as one of three duty business managers in the absence of and for the CEO.
• Management of the vehicle fleet including service schedules, cleaning and repairs.
- Manage Vehicle Compliance.
- Manage equipment levels for the collections vehicles.
- To undertake management training in-house or off site as required by the CEO, as well as occasional training for Health and Safety and First Aid or any other training agreed with the CEO.
- To assist in the development of and contribute to extra- curricular team building activities at the Company.
- To assist the Board of Directors/Trustees and CEO upon request by providing duty cover or assistance for any area of the business.
Full clean driving licence (site visits using a company vehicle)
DBS Check (Provided by OWR. OWR works with vulnerable adults and young people).
Proven leadership skills and experience
Line management experience
Customer service experience
Desirable but not essential attributes.
Practical working knowledge of commercial light goods vehicles.
Ability to lift and carry materials.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.