Could you provide benefits advice, referrals and signposting for mental health service users across Oxfordshire both via telephone as part of the Oxfordshire Mind Information Service, and in person?
Benefits Information Worker
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: £21,166 per annum (NJC Salary Scale 11- 18)
Place of work: Osney Mead and Manzil Way, Oxford
Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever.
Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Work towards client empowerment and improved wellbeing by providing detailed advice and options which enables them to make informed decisions.
- Manage demand on the service by effective assessment, allocation and signposting of cases.
- Gather outcomes and reporting for campaigning.
Interview date: Thursday, August 29, 2019
Closing date: Tuesday, August 20th 2019
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website. There you can download the job description and application form.
Oxfordshire Mind is fully committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity and diversity.
We are a Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.