Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
TalkingSpace Plus: Oxfordshire ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ Service
The post holder is required to have achieved the Post Graduate Certificate in Evidence based Psychological Treatment (IAPT Pathway) and have completed, be currently training or be willing to undertake the IAPT Accredited PWP Supervisor Training. Must have 6 months experience as a qualified PWP by time role commences.
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Salary: £28,672 - £30,450 (SCP 24-26) per annum
Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays.
Pension: Auto-Enrolment in place.
Probationary Period: 6 months.
Accountable to: Head of IAPT for Oxfordshire Mind & Lead PWP.
Clinically Accountable to: TalkingSpace Plus Clinical Lead with delegated tasks to Deputy Clinical Lead and Lead PWP
Supervisory Relationships: Providing line management and case management supervision for Step 2 staff.
Place of Work: Based in localities throughout Oxfordshire, main base tbc
About Oxfordshire Mind
The aim of Oxfordshire Mind mental health charity is to promote good mental health through the provision of high quality services and campaigning for positive change. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support.
The services we provide include:
- Wellbeing Service (of the Talking Space Plus Partnership)
- Supported to Independent Living Housing Projects
- Step 2 service (of the Talking Space Plus Partnership) the Oxfordshire Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service.
- Benefits for Better Mental Health’ a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteers and Peer Mentor Support
In developing our services, our goals are to:
- Improve access (so that we reach people who are unlikely to use more traditional mental health services)
- Deepen our impact (so that engagement with our services leads to sustained positive improvements for people with mental health problems)
- Focus on recovery (so that we promote independence, support people to take risks, and open up mainstream opportunities)
About the Oxfordshire IAPT Service
Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (OCCG) has contracted with the Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust to work towards delivering a fully integrated psychological service for adults with anxiety and depression, with Oxfordshire Mind employing the Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners who provide Low Intensity (LI) interventions at Step 2, Oxford Health delivering High Intensity Interventions (HI) at Step 3 and PML (Principal Medical Ltd) to provide counselling services. The jointly managed service operates in line with the ‘stepped care’ model and the delivery of NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) approved psychological therapies ensuring smooth transitions between Steps 2, 3 and 4. This service is a significant step towards the provision of a locally accessible psychological therapy service across the county, delivering safe and evidence based NICE compliant treatments and offering patients improved choice. The service works with all GPs in the County and is self-referral.
Step 2 interventions are delivered within prescribed time limits with some face-to-face, but mainly by telephone contacts. Step 2 workers are expected to operate in a stepped care ‘high volume’ environment carrying a large caseload. Step 2 workers also deliver psychoeducational sessions to the LTC/PPS programmes.
The service currently operates Monday and Friday – 8am to 5pm and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8am-8pm with the expectation of one late evening per week.
Purpose of the job
The Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners will:
- work with the Head of IAPT for Oxfordshire Mind and Lead PWP to provide robust and clear leadership to Step 2 staff.
- provide case management supervision to up to 6 people in their team and line management to everyone in their team.
- support the PWP involvement in key areas of work to reach people with anxiety and depression currently not accessing the service including patients with comorbid LTC/PPS.
- deliver clinical skills supervision to trainee PWPs.
- liaise closely with Oxford Health clinical supervisors who also deliver case management supervision, clinical skills supervision, work on service developments etc.
- be line managed by the Oxfordshire Mind Head of IAPT and will be accountable to the Oxford Health Clinical Lead or a delegated Clinical Supervisor for the clinical service.
- carry out clinical work with an adjusted caseload of clients with and without LTC/PPS.
- lead on the development of good practice and systems within the PWP team and will work closely with colleagues in Oxford Health to ensure that high quality clinical services are delivered by PWPs in accordance with NICE recommendations; best practice guidance; and Oxford Health clinical governance frameworks.
- Have achieved the Graduate/Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence based Psychological Treatments accredited by IAPT.
- To have completed, currently training or be prepared to undertake the IAPT Accredited PWP Supervisor Training
- 6 months experience as a qualified pwp
- Demonstrates ability to work with and have an understanding of patients with anxiety and depression comorbid with LTC/PPS
- Ability to provide leadership and line management to a team and the individuals in the team.
- Experience of successful joint working, multi-agency and partnership working within a social care and/or health care service.
- Understanding and up to date knowledge of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Programme (IAPT) programme
- Ability to analyse information, write reports and present an argument.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to use computer based information systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage own personal stress.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health for people with and without physical health problems.
- Ability to be self reflective and use supervision, training and performance review to enhance skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Ability and willingness to refer difficulties to line management and/or clinical leadership for advice, and action.
- Experience of working with clients with long term health conditions and/or PPS
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems including IAPT LTC/PPS conditions
- To have completed or be willing to attend IAPT LTC/PPS top up training
Closing date: Sunday 17th January 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 26th January 2021
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website, where you can download the Job Description and complete your application online.
No agencies please.