Looking to volunteer your time and knowledge to support Oxfordshire’s mental health? We want to hear from you!
Oxfordshire Mind is recruiting new Trustees – people whose life experiences and/or work experiences provide expertise to support our organisation in promoting good mental health through the provision of high-quality services and campaigning for positive change.
Trustees play a vital role as board members, ensuring our organisation has solid plans in progress to achieve our aims and that our funding is being used appropriately to do this.
Trustee positions are open to people of any age, background, or identity whose experiences connect with one or more of the following areas:
- Lived experience of mental health issues facing children and young people
- Lived experience of mental health issues facing adults
- Experience in finance and/or accountancy
- Experience connected with fundraising
- Experience in NHS or local mental health commissioning
- Experience in [charity] law and regulations
We are learning and growing, and we are committed to becoming an inclusive, anti-discriminatory organisation for the people we currently serve, the people who we have yet to serve, and for our staff and volunteers.
We recognise that not everyone will have had access to the same opportunities for numerous reasons and we are committed to acknowledging this in our recruitment processes.
Whatever your lived experience, your application is welcome.
Your voice is important. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Purpose of the role
To work in partnership with other trustees, the CEO and other senior Management Team to ensure that:
- Oxfordshire Mind has a clear vision and that there is a common understanding of this by trustees and
- Oxfordshire Mind has a long term strategic plan which supports the achievement of its vision and sets appropriate strategic priorities and objectives. (Oxfordshire Mind and the CEO must also have shorter term operational plans and objectives which feed into the achievement of the strategic plan).
- The CEO’s annual and longer-term objectives and targets support the achievement of the vision, mission and strategic
- Board policies support the vision, mission and strategic
- There are effective mechanisms to be aware and take account of the needs and aspirations of current and future service users;
- There are effective mechanisms to review the external environment for changes that might affect Oxfordshire
- There are systems to review regularly the strategic plans and priorities and current staff
Closing Date: 7th February 2021
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our website where you can find further information about the role and apply online. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
No agencies please.