Could you help people better manage their own mental health and get support to stay well? We have an exciting opportunity for a Wellbeing Service Worker across South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse.
Wellbeing Service Worker (South & Vale localities)
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: £21,166 - £24,313 (SCP 11 - 18) Per annum
Place of work: Wellbeing Service Hub locations across South & Vale
Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays
Probationary Period: 6 Months
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever.
Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Provide direct provision to individuals and groups of appropriate evidence based wellbeing interventions including options sessions and follow up, delivering educational and coping skills courses and helping to facilitate peer support group sessions.
- Provide advice, options, signposting and supported onward referrals with other internal and external services and key partners.
Closing date: 4th September 2019
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website. There you can download the job description and application form.
Oxfordshire Mind is fully committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunity and diversity.
We are a Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.